Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanksgiving Menu!

I am having Thanksgiving in my home this year---and I thought I would share my menu:

Thanksgiving Menu:

Appetizers:
Relish Tray

Veggie Tray
Cheese Tray
Deviled Eggs

Dinner:
Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes

Sweet potatoes
Green Bean Casserole <---My favorite
My Dinner Rolls
Salad

Macaroni and Cheese<---Southern thing
Turnip Greens<---Another Southern thing
Jellied Crannberries

Pies:
Apple
Pumpkin


That is pretty much the menu--a few things may be added--but this is the gist of it.



I can not believe so many of you don't like eggnog---I am shocked...LOL. I love eggnog and jellied cranberries, the kind that keep the shape of the can (tee hee) :)

12 comments:

Shirla said...

Your menu sounds wonderful. I'm the only one in my family that likes the green bean casserole. I always make it and have a lot leftover, but I like it so I make it.

My Daddy used to love the jellied cranberries. I haven't served it on Thanksgiving since his passing (he was the only one that would eat it). :(

Shirla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirla said...

Sorry about the deleted comments. The first one posted twice and the second one was me asking you to please delete one. I didn't realize I could delete them until I reloaded your comments.

Julieann said...

Oh, Shirla, I feel so loved with all your comments today...:)

I just left one at your blog too.

Julieann

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Menu,I am making almost the same but without the appetizers. Everyone seems to load up on those and then do not want too much of dinner. Maybe we just eat too early??? we eat around 1pm
deezie

Julieann said...

Deezie---we eat around 2.

I have to make appetizers---it is one of the things I am known for at parties--I can't break tradition...LOL. (You are right though, some people eat way too much before dinner)

Julieann

Rose of Sharon said...

I'm hosting Thanksgiving here at my home this year and can't wait. I just love Thanksgiving. I will be having a very similar menu except no mac and cheese. I hope you have a lovely dinner with your fmaily!

Hugs, Sharon

Dana said...

I love green bean casserole. Im not sure what we will do on thanksgiving, maybe go to McDonalds

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sondra said...

I like doing mashed potatoes AND sweet potatoes too. My mom always thinks it is crazy to have both! Do you have a special roll recipe? Do share!

Kelli said...

I don't like eggnog *or* green bean casserole! I hope we can still be friends...hehee. I do love the jellied cranberries though. :0)
~Kelli