Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jalapeno Poppers!



I found these beautiful peppers at the .99 cent store--can you believe I got all these for .99 cents??!! Anyway, I am going to make Jalapeno Poppers tonight--and this is a recipe I found that sounds great---does anyone have a tried and true recipe that they can share with me?


INGREDIENTS
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon bacon bits
12 ounces jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 quarts oil for frying



DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves.
Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each. Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated.
In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F ( 180 degrees C). Deep fry the coated jalapenos 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your recipe sounds really good, and should turn out like a restaurant style popper.

My husband does not eat cream cheese but we eat a lot of poppers, my version is really simple but different from restaurant poppers.

I blogged about it here

http://ahomewithasmile.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-version-of-jalapeno-poppers.html

Primrose Hill said...

That recipes sounds just like mine! I use "best ever jalapeno poppers" from allrecipes. yum-yum!!! they will disappear fast. Take a picture!!!

Dana said...

I love poppers and never thought to make them from scratch. Thats one of the things I love about your blog, all the great recipe ideas. Im going to try this recipe when my husband returns home, he plans on making pork chili verde so this will go well with the theme. thanks julieann

Dana said...

I just called my husband and told him about the recipe and that I would be making them for him when he comes home(october 3rd) he was excited. Thanks again

Sondra said...

OH, I love jalapenos. They look wonderful. I am stopping by to catch up. I have been offline for awhile. It seems that you are doing well and feeling better. I love your daughters back to school outfit and her hair is beautiful. I love your blonde picture too. I was blonde once too when I was that age. Hubby would love for me to do it again- but no way!!! LOL!