Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Monkey Crunch

Kate made this for her kids---on the show Jon and Kate plus 8 and she posted the recipe on her website (or her people did...LOL)

I am adding the ingredients to my shopping list and I am going to make it--it looks really yummy!!

I already have the peanut butter--I have the organic kind from Costco---after you get used to it, it is really good peanut butter. I have a bag of the chocolate chips too---I just need to get the cereal, really.

Monkey Crunch

Ingredients:
9 cups Chex® cereal (any variety)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar


Preparation Directions:
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, stir together chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Stove-Top Directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.


Did you notice the new book on my sidebar---what I have read about it looks sooo good, it really looks like my kind of book--so I am going to be getting that book--I will give a review after I have read the whole thing.

Easter is coming up--what a precious day Easter is. In honor of Jesus, I will be preparing a very special meal.

Ham
Fresh Asparagus
My special Cheesy potatoes
Potato salad
Deviled eggs
Relish tray
Veggie tray
Stuffed Mushrooms
Homemade Dinner Rolls

This is just a rough draft of my menu--after I go shopping I will have a more finalized menu. I also make Easter baskets for my kids---I saw a pair of pink crocs at payless for Alexis that I want to put in the basket--they are such ugly little shoes, but everyone just loves them--they have kind of grown on me...LOL. I also want to get the Bee movie and Enchanted for them---Tony, will get some things for his age, like a guitar book, new strings, etc--and some candy--we will also color eggs on Saturday and their will be an egg hunt Sunday morning.

What is on your menu for Easter?

9 comments:

Mrs Swan said...

We will be going out with family for Easter so no special meal planned. :)

I didn't go look up the recipe but I am pretty sure that it is also called puppy chow as well.

I actually like crocs :X LOL I put of trying them because I have really sweaty feet and I didn't want to pay $25 for a pair. I found some off brand ones at Target for $2.48 so I was able to try them and I do like them.

Updated my blog and added pics when you get a few. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh your Easter dinner sounds so yummy, we are also having a Ham but my hubby wants a Lamb too so there will be both, oh my right
My daughter wears those pink little crocs too. She is 5 and loves them. I think I may try that monkey stuff it sounds so good right
deezie

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask, what is a relish tray? I love serving appetizers but then everyone seems so full before we eat and we eat at like 1pm as a lunch do you serve your goodies with dinner or before?
deezie

Becky said...

Like Crystal, we call Monkey Crunch "Puppy Chow" as well. When I worked for a veterinarian during college, one of our clients brought us a big tin of it and labeled it "Puppy Chow." About 10 minutes later she called us to make sure that it was actually something for PEOPLE to eat. :-) I always thought that was cute, and sweet.

For Easter dinner, we are going to my parents' house after church. Likely they will have cheesy potatoes and asparagus with their ham as well (asparagus is on sale this week!) I am looking to make a grasshopper pie for dessert to take, but I can't find a recipe I like that doesn't have alcohol.

I'd love your special cheesy potatoes recipe if you have a moment and want to post or email it.

Kelli said...

I'd love your cheesy potato recipe, Julianne! Your menu looks wonderful and I'm so glad you mentioned stuffed mushrooms. I was trying to think of a good appetizer! I'm going to get a few things for Easter baskets tomorrow...Enchanted is on my list too. :0)

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing. You family is so blessed to have you as a mommy and wife. :)

I love the crocs. Not for adults but on kids.

j said...

The Monkey Crunch sounds delish. I am in for Baked Beans on Easter. We are doing pot luck and I do a mean baked bean!

Jen

Rhonda said...

funny you should ask! I just updated my blog our Easter menu and it is pretty similar to yours.

Hope you have a special Easter at church and with your family.

Anonymous said...

Wow, indeed cool topic. Where will I get that RSS?

Whitny Flouee
bug sweeping equipment