Monday, September 22, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

(photo courtesy of Allrecipes)
This is not my photo, I just thought it looked so nice:)


INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.


I will be going to the market and picking up the ingredients on this list that I need to make these muffins----I just love anything that has pumpkin in it!! I will then share my picture of them

Happy Fall Y'all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you like pumpkin, try this recipe for "chewy pumpkin bars" It is from weight watchers (not that you need to watch your weight!) and is delish!

Serves - 16

1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup raisins

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, oil and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Mixture will seem somewhat dry, more resembling a dough. Keep working it until all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in raisins.

Lightly spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread batter into dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool. Frost, if desired.** Cut into 16 bars.

Cream Cheese Frosting: Place ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.

Nutrition Information:
120 Cal., 2 g. fat, 1 g. fiber

Additional Tips
**Nutrition Information includes frosting.

Charree said...

I was just looking for a recipe for some muffins for a Bible Study in the morning. I have found the recipe I am going to use. They sound delicious.

Happy fall to you as well.

~Charree

Christina said...

Ohhh...they sound so yummy!! I've been in such a baking mood lately...I'll have to try these too.

Happy First Day of Fall!

Christina

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Julieann,

I'm literally about to eat my screen. This sounds TOO YUMMY! :o)

Anonymous said...

I think I might try these today or tomorrow they really sound so so yummy
deezie

Jenn said...

oooh that sounds so good!! And I just happen to have a can of pumpkin and 1/2 bag of chocolate chips.

Kathi said...

Wow, your picture is beautiful. The recipe looks like a good one too. Happy day. Kathi

Lori said...

Yummy! I am going to have to try this recipe.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

This recipe sounds so good! I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing it!