Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall Recipe!

Happy Saturday---This morning I grabbed a cup of coffee and started chopping up an apple for my recipe: Here is the apple---I actually ended up chopping it up even more fine--->
I had Little House on the TV yesterday--(Yes I am obsessed) and Ma was making Apple Fritters--so of course, I had to google Apple Fritters---and the first 2 recipes looked the best and easiest---The first recipe was from one of my absolute favorite blogs--*There Is No Place Like Home* Here is Kelli's Recipe:

Apple Fritters

2 cups self rising flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups tart apples, chopped

Sift together dry ingredients. Gradually add beaten eggs and milk combined. Refrigerate batter for about 2 hours. Stir in the apples. Drop by tablespoon into hot oil and fry until golden brown. Roll in powdered sugar or a sugar/cinnamon combination.
Serve apple fritter recipe with syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar
.

...and here is the second recipe:

Apple Fritters 2

Ingredients:
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup finely chopped apple
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted

Preparation:
Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add milk and egg; beat until batter is smooth. Fold in chopped apple. Drop by teaspoonfuls into deep hot oil -- about 370° and at least 2 1/2 to 3 inches deep -- and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, until nicely browned.
Drain well on paper towels then roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm. Serve as is or warm, with syrup, if desired.



I ended up using the second recipe, but I used the cinnamon sugar part from Kelli's--I will try her whole recipe next--I actually filled a ziploc with cinnamon and sugar and shook each fritter in there until it was well coated.

Here is my sifter---> It is older then my first born:)


Here are the fritters frying away--they fried up rather quickly--you had to keep your eye on them.
Here they are all sugared up--aren't they just pretty...

Happy Saturday!!

17 comments:

Shirla said...

They look so yummy. I've never made them, but after seeing yours I just might have to give them a try! What kind of oil did you use?

Julieann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julieann said...

That comment deletion above was me---Shirla--I moved my comment to your blog...LOL---> Go Look:)

Shirla said...

Oh yes the price of cooking oil is through the roof here!

I'll let you know when I make the fritters. I know my family will love them.

Ut oh your going to be in BIG trouble for not using Beelers bacon!! ;) Julie and Tim came to Richmond in August to talk to a local store here about carrying Beeler's and her and Tim stopped off at my house for a little visit. They are both so sweet and they brought me tons of their products to try. I had only tried the microwave bacon, Julie sent me some in the mail to try a while back. lol Their product are SO good and I hope and pray that the store here will start carrying it.

Anonymous said...

Those look so good! *yum*

Anonymous said...

yummmmmm!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed spending time on your blog. It was a blessing. Keep up the good work! Hugs, sandy

Anonymous said...

They look so professional. I have always been intimidated by deep frying but I am tempted to try making these.

Dana said...

Yummy Julieann, Everything you cook looks so so good. I could really use one of those after the day I had. I would make them but my purse was stolen so no money untill Monday:(

Dana said...

PS. I like all of your recipes because the are so simple and inexpensive to make:)

Jenn said...

Julieanne,
I am obsessed, too! I go thru spurts of watching the movies etc,... you know now that it is suddenly cold and all I think it is the perfect time to start ordering them again from netflix. ;-)

Apple fritters sound yummy...I've had the recipe printed out and in my binder for some time. Maybe I will give it a whirl soon!

Jenn

Charree said...

I'm going to have to give these a try! They look absolutely delicious. Have a great weekend!

~Charree

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...they look scrumptious!

Lori said...

MMNN!! Your coffee and creamer look delicous. I wish I could join you for coffee.

Your apple fritters look mmmnn good too.

Ronda said...

OOOOOOOO, I have always wanted to try making them, but to be honest I figured that they would be to complicated to bother with. Apparently not. Thanks so much for sharing this one with us. I think that I will try this one tomorrow.
Thanks Julineann.
Love & Prayers,
Ronda

Kelli said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them, Julieann! I'm going to have to make them again soon. :0)
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post as I have been looking for this recipe using the all purpose flour. And yours look wonderful.
have a great week.
Becky