Saturday, May 03, 2008

Saturday Chatter

I am not sure if any of you remember last year when I posted a picture of my plants in my kitchen window---but they have gotten out of control...LOL----They are getting so big. They started to die and look so sad, so I went and transplanted them and put them in bigger pots and they soon flourished, now they are getting too big for the pots they are in and and for the spot on my counter. I took everything off my counters and filled my sink up with soapy water and bleach and wiped everything down--now my kitchen sparkles.
I am on my 5th load of laundry and I am not going to stop today until every bit is done!! I am washing EVERYTHING---everything that can go in my washing machine is getting washed. I made a roast last night, so today I am going to shred the roast and make hot pork roast sandwiches on potato buns with lots of cheese, and a salad for dinner. I always make a special Sunday breakfast for my family---2 weeks ago I made this breakfast casserole and it was fantastic--I didn't take a picture but this is the recipe:

EASY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

1 lb. sausage, bacon or ham
3/4 c. sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 c. mushrooms & pieces
5 eggs
1 3/4 c. milk
6-8 slices of bread (cubed)

Place cubed bread in casserole dish, put cooked sausage, bacon or ham on top. Add sharp cheese, mushrooms on top of meat.
Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper, pour over top.

Let stand 5 minutes then bake at 350 until brown (35 minutes).


Have a wonderful Weekend--and don't forget to answer my question in the post below.

One more thing--Go on over to my friends blog-->
Crystal's Musings---she just had her beautiful baby boy on May 2nd and posted such beautiful pictures!! Happy Birthday Benjamin Ryan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen looks great. The breakfast casserole recipe looks yummy !

Kelli said...

Your kitchen is so bright and cheery, Julieann! I love the big windows and your plants are so healthy looking! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, your blog is at the top of my list for motivation blogs too, you are such an encouragement to me!
Hugs,
Kelli

Jen said...

Your kitchen does look sparkley. I need to do the same thing. I love a clean kitchen. I have made this casserole before..omitting the mushrooms...it is really good.

Cathy said...

I love all that light in your kitchen for the plants. And your kitchen looks pretty. I also like your blooming red plant above too, can't spell it- armarilya (?) ~