Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Whatcha Doing Wednesday!

Today is Wednesday, and I have my list of things going. I did my grocery shopping--and I have made two things so far on my menu list: The Cajun Chicken--I had that on hand before I went shopping and I made the BBq Beef sandwiches--plus I had left over chicken and used that too--so we had a choice of BBQ beef or chicken sandwiches--I made homemade French fries too:)



BBQ Beef Sandwiches
From Every Day with Rachael Ray
May 2008

4 SERVINGS
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min

3 tablespoons honey mustard
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
One 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix
Salt and pepper
One 1 3/4-pound boneless sirloin steak, thinly sliced crosswise
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted


1. In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard and vinegar, then whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the coleslaw mix, season with salt and pepper and toss.
2. In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the steak in a single layer and cook, turning once, until barely pink, about 2 minutes; transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and steak. Return the first batch to the skillet and stir in the barbecue sauce until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Pile the meat onto the roll bottoms and mound some slaw on top. Set the roll tops in place.



I have mentioned before that I (we) have periodically been cleaning and organizing our garage, well it is still out of control--so this is what I am going to do. I asked my Dear, Sweet Husband if he could stay home on Saturday and help me with the baby, so I can throw the ultimate garage sale--I am going to sell E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G in that garage!! (With the exception of certain things..LOL) Anyway, this should be quite interesting and quite a task if I might say. I am curious to see what people will want.

On to the picture of the bleach. In my comments this week, someone stated(waiving) they love to clean with bleach--a girl after my own heart--ME TOO!!! I try so hard to be kind to the Earth--but I need my bleach! I sure have used a lot of exclamation points today...LOL.

Okay so I have two questions for you all:


1. What tips do you have for a garage sale?

2. What is one cleaning product you just can not live with out?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't live without bleach either. We tried disinfecting with vinegar for a while, but I could not get over the feeling that it wasn't clean.

I've never held a garage sale so I have no help for you there...sorry :)

Primrose Hill said...

I can't live without my Mrs. Meyers geranium cleaning spray. Well, actually I can live without it....done it many times! But I sure love that stuff!!

Abigail said...

Hmmm.... I have two cleaners that I love. Palmolive. Because it does the dishes AND shines my bathtubs like nobody's business! Really! Try it. Put some on a cloth while you are in the shower. Scrub the entire thing down, and rinse well. It sparkles! And Scrubbing bubbles. I use them to clean the sink and outside of the toilet, leather shoes, sticky walls, mini blinds, etc.

Sorry, no garage sale advice.

Tracy said...

Ooops. Abigail was really me. She forgot to sign out!

Mimi said...

I need to have a garage sale and haven't had one in a long time, so I'm interested in tips for that, too.

It's hard to pick just one cleaning product that I can't live without. I used to be a pine-sol girl, but I don't use it as much as I used to.
I'm getting hooked on Chlorox's line of natural products -- cheaper than Mrs. Greenday's, which I used to buy when I wanted something natural.

You can't beat good old comet or some other scrubbing powder for some cleaning jobs. I may not use it all the time, but i like to have it around, just in case.

Kelli said...

Happy Wednesday! Ooh....I hope you have a great garage sale! My #1 tip is to put price stickers on everything. It takes extra time, but is well worth it. For some reason I love windex. I use it for lots of stuff!
Hugs,
Kelli

TJ said...

I hold a garage sale every year! Dollar stores have the pre-priced stickers! Those rock, and make pricing a cinch!

Thanks for the Happy Mother's Day wish! I was off-line and didn't get a chance to tell you: Happy Mother's Day!

Have a great sale! (I'm partial to Murphy's Oil Soap that smell is so yummy)

Mrs Swan said...

No garage sale hints

I really like the natural products that are out now. Holy Cow has some cleaning products but I have only seen them at Walmart. I also like the new Clorox Green cleaners as well. With two ittys and some many animals (including a parrot) I like knowing the stuff isn't full of chemicals. (Birdie lungs are extra sensitive)

Sondra said...

I am like Kelli. I use windex for everything. My husband is a bleach fanatic but he has to use it when I am out of the house. It bothers my asthma. Good luck on your garage sale. My tip- just remember to start your prices a little higher than what you really want to get. You can always come down. I always come way down near the end because whatever is left over will have to go back in the garage. So you have to think- do you want the few extra dollars more than you want the clean open garage space?