Saturday, November 01, 2008

*Just A Housewife*

I remember years ago, I was at a dinner party for my husbands work---there were about a hundred round tables and at each table their were about 6 or 7 couples to a table. We all started chatting and the women were all asking each other what they did. They were all talking about their jobs--and what they did and what it entailed--they were all dressed in tailored suits -----I was wearing a simple but pretty dress--and then the question came to me--I said, Oh, I am just a housewife. That was all that was said about that, that evening. After I said that though, I kept thinking, why did I say that? Why did I make it sound that what I did was not important?

I may be a housewife, but it is so much more then that---The definition of a housewife is so much more complicated and far more important then any job any woman could have outside the home.

When I was in school, I always wanted to get married and have children--it was not until I started having children, did I realize how much of a gift they are and how I wanted a hundred of them. While I was in school I also wanted to be a Doctor--oh, how I loved medicine and science --And all that interesting stuff--I wanted to work in a hospital and help people--things did not go as planned. I did for awhile go on to college and take courses to become a nurse, and when my children are grown, I just may continue on and finish my nursing--what I am saying or trying to say is, I truly believe there is a season for everything---and right now--I have young children and they need me home with them--not out in a high paying career where I barely see them. My husband works hard and he needs hot meals at night, a nice home to come home too--granted if I were to work we would not be so stressed for money at times--but we are doing this for our children--it would absolutely break my heart to hand my baby over to daycare--no one can take care of him the way I can--No One!! No one can kiss those tears away when he hurts him self--no one understands his cue for hunger or thirst--no one can hold my baby and gently nurse him and have him drift off to sleep--there are no propping up bottles here to have my baby go to sleep.

My Husband and Children are my life--and like I always say, there is nothing more satisfying then what I am already doing--and I thank God everyday for being able to do what I do.
So there is no more saying *I am just a housewife*---I say proudly, I am a wife and mother and would not have it any other way!!!

Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julianne you said that so well.

You are definatley not "JUST" a housewife. :)

Anonymous said...

Applause, applause. Lots of applause. There is no "just" when it comes to staying home and taking care of our families.

I worked for a good many years before we were blessed with kids. The long wait for kids was not our choice but God's choice. He knew when we were ready and when I was going to need a little one to concentrate on instead of worrying so much about my husband being in a war zone.

Now that my kids are teenagers, I wouldn't trade all the wonderful time I've had with them over the years for anything.

Lori said...

Well said. I totally agree with you.
I so agreee that time with are kids is so precious.
It is very important to us to have me home for the kids and home getting meals and things done around the home here too. So that when my husband comes home we can have family time...etc

I so agree that there is a time for everything.

No you are not just a housewife.

Sondra said...

House wife and mother are the best and most important jobs of all! Yes, you should be very proud of that. But it really should come with some kind of salary! LOL!

Mrs Swan said...

Hey housewife!

Heheh i was flipping thru your online pics on your *** profile and number 8 really caught my eyes. Alexis looks just like little Kevin to me in that one You should do a side by side lol

Julieann said...

Crystal, that is funny that you were looking at those pictures---Last night I just copied all of them because AOL is shutting down their profile pictures too on December 31st.

Some of you are asking me how I know this--I keep getting emails from AOL telling me this--I don't know where I would look this info up though---Also, the webpages have been shut down already :(

P.S. Crystal---I love that picture you are talking about---(I can post that picture so that you all can see what she is talking about.)

Julieann

Charree said...

Amen! You are fulfilling what it is that God has called you to do and there is no "just" in that. Have a great day!

~Charree

Dana said...

Very well put Julieann:) My daughter likes to point out that I dont have a "job", I try to explain to her that my job is very important:))

Ronda said...

Kudos to you Julieann,
Do not ever put a negative spin on what you do. ALWAYS say with confidence *I am a stay at home wife and mother*. Say it with pride, cause honey a SAHW&M is the ultimate multi-tasker, authoritarian,Head Mother/nanny/nurse, vice-president of the *company* , accountant and billing director, personel director, marketing director, advertising exec, medical professional, mail room forman, Linen service manager, chef, head decorator, and even a doorman at times. I'm sure that if you give it a little more thought you can come up with even more titles that cover *ALL* the job titles and positions that you hold each and everyday. Not to mention you hold in your hands the shaping, molding, forming, teaching, rearing, nurturing little one's who will be in charge of tomorrow's business' and organizations.
HONEY....YOU ROCK...AND UR WAY BETTER AND MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOMEONE IN A BUSINESS SUIT WHO PROBABLY SITS ON HER BUTTOX ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!
SO STAND UP, AND BE PROUD, AND SHOT IT OUT LOUD, I AM A STAY AT HOME WIFE AND MOTHER. ARCH YOUR BACK, SQUARE UP UR SHOLDERS, AND SAY IT WITH AUTHORITY HONEY 'CAUSE YOU ROCK!!!

Love & Prayers,
Ronda