Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Getting Close!

Don't forget to take out your turkey from the freezer!!
My sister almost forgot---(Tee hee) We are cooking two turkeys--one we are frying and the other we are baking, so I bought one and my sister bought one--I paid .37 cents
a pound, what did you pay?


I have wittled down my laundry--yay! I cleaned my stove top---and now I am going out to get 3 gallons of canola oil for the turkey fryer--I can't use peanut oil, because of Kevin's peanut allergy.

On the dessert menu, I am adding fudge--it is so easy to make and my oldest son's favorite. You just melt a bag of chocolate chips and add a can of sweetened milk with a couple teaspoons of vanilla---pour into a foil lined pan and let it get hard in the fridge. It is supposed to rain all week--so my plans for setting up outside are going to change---the big conference table will be set up downstairs--OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and one last thing--I got my carpet cleaned again yesterday--I have it completely covered with blankets and they are not coming off until Thursday...LOL.

13 comments:

Angelena said...

.37 is a really good price. We only have 2 grocery stores in our county so the cheapest turkey I could find was .97/pound.

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I want to make fudge now! I have the milk and vanilla. I'll ask DH to buy chocolate chips at lunchtime :)

Shirla said...

I paid .59 cent with a $35.00 purchase for my turkey.

Anonymous said...

I have to get a fresh turkey since I can't eat some of the added "stuff" in frozen ones. I think I paid about $1.79 a pound but you do what you got to do.

Anonymous said...

I got a fresh turkey with no added preservatives additives, mostly because of Kiera's diet. BUT I paid 48 cents a lb when you spent 25

You sound like you are all ready. WE have that peanut allergy here too. Takes some remembering.

Anonymous said...

i was blessed to be gifted with 2 turkeys so i think i got a great deal! lol
i am making apple and pumpkin pies plus the turkey cupcakes i showed on my blog.

Anonymous said...

"I have widdled down my laundry"

whittled.

Julieann said...

Oh anonymous--I used spell check on that word too--I knew it didn't look right....Thank you:)

Julieann

:::going to fix it right now::::

Anonymous said...

Hi Julieann,
I paid 99 cents a pound for ours. It seems to be so expensive for everything here where I live.
I am going to make that fudge too, thanks for the recipe
deezie

Anonymous said...

We paid $1.39 pound fresh turkey from Amish Country
here in Ohio. We ordered the turkey a month ago.
First time to do that.
Well my husbands company that he works for paid for it. :=)
Pamela

Charree said...

Wow! 37 cents a piece is a great price. We paid 79 cents a pound. I hope that you have a great day!
~Charree

Lori said...

MMMNN! I love fudge. I just made some for a bake sale...and of coarse I made a double batch as everyone in this house loves chocolate.

Lori said...

MMMNN! I love fudge. I just made some for a bake sale...and of coarse I made a double batch as everyone in this house loves chocolate.