Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Spaghetti Squash

Remember the beautiful Spaghetti Squash I got at the Farmer's Market? Well this is how I cooked it. I cut it in half length wise. It looks like the center of a pumpkin with the seeds and guts--it smells like a pumpkin too.
Clean it all out


Place the spaghetti squash face down and bake in an oven at 350' for 45 minutes.


Turn over and bake until skin is tender



Look how nice it looks, all done cooking



Let it cool a bit and then use a fork and scrape the inside--you will get nice spaghetti like strands


I seasoned it with butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder--then I sprinkled Parmesan cheese over it. You can also serve it just like Spaghetti and put sauce all over it--that is really good too. We have left over so we will have more tonight with dinner

Enjoy!





5 comments:

Mrs. U said...

I LOVE spaghetti squash!! It is so tasty and easy and good for you!! Mr. U, however, is not such a big fan. Sigh. I will keep trying, though!

His,
Mrs. U

Charree said...

That looks really yummy. I have never thought of putting a sauce over it before. I will have to give it a try.

~Charree

Dana said...

Im going to have to try that it looks good and i wondered how it was cooked

Mimi said...

I love spaghetti squash. I've used spaghetti sauce, but I usually just put brown sugar and a little butter on it.

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

I've never tried spaghetti squash, but as you've shown, it looks quite easy to prepare. I will have to try it!