Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday's *Big* post

Happy Saturday---Put on your Aprons and join me today as we make our homes beautiful for our family!



Well today is the day---I am starting my list of things that MUST get done. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I am also hosting another party next Saturday----so all this week, I will be working diligently to get my home in order (again). Care to join me?? I work better under pressure and I also work better knowing I have fellow houswives doing the same...LOL.

Certain things will have to be done multiple times before the parties--but they need to get done.

Mopping/sweeping floors--especially kitchen----why does it have to be white??? I so loved my tile in Georgia--it was marble.

Bathrooms--Nough said...LOL.

Laundry

Inside and outside of car---it has lots of toys that need to be brought in.

Wipe down stroller.


Organize Alexis's room--> I may have a guest in there for a few days

Shopping--Grocery store.

Nails--I need to do a pedicure and a manicure to my nails.

Bird cage--a really good cleaning.

Fridge and pantry---major cleaning and organizing.

Stairs---vacuum

Hallway--organize the pileup.

Post office--need to get to the post office

That is, my friends, all I can think of for the moment. My hair is going up in a pony tail--with a bow of course....and my apron is going on, and I am getting to work--I am going to work straight until dinner---and see how much I can get done!!!! I really need to work today.

Have a great Saturday--Clean, clean, clean!!! My favorite kind of day--they are playing Christmas music on my music channel on my cable box--so I will be listening to that--and after I am done--I will light my Apple and Cinnamon candles----wish me luck
!!

12 comments:

Dana said...

After girlscouts and a trip to the mechanics shop for an oil change, i plan to do the same. clean,clean,clean. I went to that site of free printables and have my to-do list all ready to go. I am also fasting today, atleast i am trying to:)))

Rose of Sharon said...

I have been planning my holiday season and I just don't feel that stressed this year and I am hosting Thanksgiving, giving a big Christmas adult party for our friends (about 30 people) and having Christmas Eve with my side of the family here and Christmas day with my hubby's family here! Plus we have our own Christmas morning together and I have a birthday for Grayson thrown in there on 12/4! I think I'm not so stressed because we did big things to the house last summer and all I really need to do is regular housework and prepare food. Oh yea, decorate for Christmas, but that's fun!

Hugs, Sharon

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Good luck with all you have to do. I know you'll get it all done. I'll be joining you! I'm doing lots of cleaning today, too. I'll probably be having a little get together during the Christmas season so if I start now, it should be pretty easy before the big day comes! Hopefully!
Have a great weekend!

It's Always Something Around Here said...

Good luck getting it all done!!!

I have been working all morning on cleaning and organizing...making some good progress. Always feels so good.

Julieann said...

Yay!!! I am so glad I have some women playing with me...LOL.

It is now 10:15 and I just finished the kitchen floor--while the baby was napping, I did the kids bathroom---now, I am waiting for the kitchen floor to dry-I had to do the floor, it was pretty bad--white shows EVERYTHING!!!

Now, I think I am going to throw a load in the washer and do the guest bathroom.

Sharon, did I sound stressed...LOL.....I hope I didn't. I love these power cleaning days---with little ones underfoot---I have more messes then normal--so I have to keep on top of them. I absolutely love cleaning and throwing parties--so I did not mean to come across as stressed....Happy times!! I can not wait to decorate for Chrsitmas too:)

Julieann

Anonymous said...

I'm right with you. Saturdays are also heavy working out days. So I did that too.

I've been doing some kind of cleaning/organizing for weeks now whenever I have a day not working.

I'm continuing that today. I love my Ceramic Tile floors the wood laminate floors they are so easy to clean. They show everything which I actually like because then my floors are always clean. Clean floors are one of my biggies!

I'm actually cooking a turkey tomorrow, one of the two turkeys I bought. So today I'm doing some prep for that. I'll have my son over for dinner, just in case he doesn't make it on thanksgiving day.

Off to clean right along with you :)

Anonymous said...

I love being home cleaning all day, but I shopped all day instead:) maybe tomorrow I will clean:) or shop again, I am almost done with my Christmas shopping though so thats been fun. Okay I will go and clean something now to be part of you all:)
deezie

Anonymous said...

Hope you got a lot of cleaning done.

It rained all day here, perfect day for cleaning, organizing and working in the kitchen.

Kelli said...

I hope you got lots done today, Julieann! I will be getting my house ready for Thanksgiving and a party this coming Friday. Busy, busy!
~Kelli

Charree said...

I hope that your day was productive and that you enjoyed yourself.

Have a blessed week!
~Charree

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, goodness - I have lots to do, too to get ready, starting today! I love the vintage picture with the hose and the couch - too funny. :)
Good luck with your cleaning!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?