Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday


4 days until the big day. I was up this morning at 5:30--not by my choice, but little Kevin's :)

That is okay--I am drinking a nice cup of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer and I just started my first load of laundry of the day. My plan is the first 2 days to get all the laundry I can done and then clean all the bathrooms. On Wednesday I plan to do all my food prep and make everything I can ahead of time. On Thursday---hopefully I will be organized enough to get everything done and enjoy the day with family and friends. My menu plan this week is going to be sporadic--last night we had a nice pork roast and tonight we will have steak and then tomorrow I will use up the leftover roast. We all know what I am having on Thursday. Over the weekend, I did all my grocery shopping. So I am done with that except for a few items I will get on Wednesday. I bought that squeeze cheese to put on the celery for an appetizer on Thanksgiving and my family devoured it in one day---so I will get another on Wednesday---The squeeze cheese on celery is a Southern thing my husband showed me--I usually put cream cheese with a little sprinkle of paprika. Another appetizer I forgot to mention---it is a holiday tradition--I get a block of cream cheese--and then I get those mini shrimp put them over the cheese and pour a bottle of cocktail sauce over it--and serve it with crackers--it really is very yummy.

Last but not least--I put my Christmas tree up --we have always gotten a real tree, but last year, I bought a fake one--and I am glad I did, I did not have to spend another 80 dollars on a tree---plus to be honest real trees make me very nervous--I love them, the smell, the beauty, but the fire hazard scares me. I thought the tree would look pretty up for Thanksgiving---I did the bows--all bows, it looks so pretty. I am trying to get a good picture, but pictures never do trees justice.

Have a great Monday!

P.S. I was honored that Elizabeth asked me to write an article for her new blog---she posted it on her blog last night--let me know what you think---CLICK HERE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julieann!!! that article you wrote was just perfect, just beautiful. I really wished we were neighbors I adore you.
I love everything I do also and can't wait to get up in the morning. God bless your day today Julieann
deezie

Dana said...

Loved the article:) I did celery and cheese too:)

Anonymous said...

Good article. I don't agree with everything in it but the main points about family/home/etc we do agree on.

And it really is hard to come here and not be happy. You are one of those people that just bring sunshine and smiles wherever you are.

Charree said...

Hey Julieann! I enjoyed reading your article. It sounds like you have been very busy. I can't wait to see pictures of your tree.

Have a blessed week!
~Charree

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day ahead. I did all my laundry. I have the littles to do. But I am waiting until tomorrow so I can pack all the clothes clean and fresh. :)

I am traveling for the first time in 6 years.

I will make my fudge, candy rolo pecan bites on Tuesday.
Pack and bathe my doggies.

Lori said...

Your cream cheese/ shrimp/ cocktail sauce sounds delicous.

Enjoy Thanksgiving with your family.

Julieann said...

Thank you all for all the comments! Happy Thanksgiving ((Hugs)))

Ann--Thank you for your comment---comments like the one you wrote are very motivational to me:))))

Julieann