Monday, January 29, 2007

Whew

Whew--busy morning:) After I posted this morning, I left to go to the Doctor's, everything went great--I told the Doctor, that I thought, my tummy was really getting big, and he said, you have not seen anything yet--it is going to get a lot bigger...LOL----oh dear;)

Anyway, the other day I saw Martha Stewart make Ginger Tea, and I really wanted to make it, so I asked my doctor if it was okay to drink being pregnant, and he said yes. This is the recipe:

Ginger Tea
Serves 2
One 6-inch piece ginger, skin left on, thinly sliced crosswise, and roughly chopped

Light-brown sugar (optional)

Honey (optional)

1. Combine ginger and 2 cups water in a small saucepan. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; strain mixture into a teapot or 2 teacups. Serve with sugar or honey, if desired.
Note: Recipe from "The Martha Stewart Show" TV kitchen

I got everything I needed at the store, plus I got a bird feeder for outside, it is adorable, it is a lilly pad, and you place the seed on it for the birds, I will take a picture of it when I get it hung up.




4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love my hot tea! This sounds yummy!

Kelli said...

I'm glad your doctor appointment went well!! The tea sounds really good!
Kelli

Mrs. U said...

Hi Julieann!!
I'm SO happy to hear that you and your baby are doing so well!!!

I've had something called Ginger Tea before but I didn't have the recipe!! This is WONDERFUL! I thank you so very much for sharing this!!

His,
Mrs. U

Kimberly said...

MMM! Wish you come drop on by. I'd bake us some scones and brew up some of that Ginger Tea. Sounds a lot better than the Red Raspberry Leaf stuff I choked down last pregnancy. I think I even have some ginger in the fridge...
I also have crystallized ginger that would be delicious in the scones. Sigh.