Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Is it Wednesday Already??

Good Morning!! Is it Wednesday ALREADY???
List:
2 loads of laundry
Make some Bread/Dinner Rolls
Clean guest Bathroom
Vacuum
Hang some picture up on the wall, that I have not done yet--I finally figured out where I want them:P

Those are just some of the things I would like to get done today. I do have a main list in my Household Notebook/Journal--I love my notebook--I have always had a notebook for as long as I can remember, but Fly Lady really pushed me to organize it better and such. Fly Lady calls there book a Control Journal. I had at one time printed out the Flylady logo and put it on the front of my Notebook, but I then changed the cover to reflect me, I used Scrapbooking paper and printed some pretty pictures of the net.
Also, I just love the kitchen section in Fly Lady, especially the recipe for RUBBER CHICKEN, I use the idea, and make it my own, kwim?

Rubber Chicken
Leanne Ely's Rubber Chicken Serves 4 for 3 days
1 chicken -- washed and patted dry (get a nice sized one)
1/2 celery rib -- cut in pieces
1 onion -- quartered
1 carrot -- cut in 2" pieces
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Day One: The adventure begins--Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In the cavity of the chicken, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place cut up vegetables inside. Sprinkle the outside with salt and pepper and a little garlic powder, too, if you like. Cook for about an hour or longer (depending on the size of the bird) till the juices run clear. Let sit a minute and then remove the vegetables. In the meantime, if you were smart, you boiled the neck with some celery, onion and carrot and have that broth, too. To further cut down on the grease from the chicken, you could take the cooking juices and put them in a cup and refrigerate while you make the rest of the meal. This will get rid of a significant amount of chicken fat which will all rise to the top. Make a nice gravy by deglazing the pan with a little water and thicken it up with a flour/water mixture (about a tablespoon should do) Serve your wonderful chicken with Just Like Mama's Mashed Potatoes and lots and lots of veggies. Remember, you want leftover chicken.
Day Two: Let the adventure continue! Take your time and pull every last itty bitty bit of chicken of them bones. You want that chicken skeleton to look like a science project. Toss the chicken in pot with a can of black beans and season with a little cumin, some garlic powder and serve it up with lots of salsa, tortillas, some cheese--whatever turns your key! A great big salad will give you a perfect dinner.
Day Three: The adventure ends--with the skeletal remains finally hitting the stock pot. Throw in the same veggies: onion, carrots and celery, season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder and throw about 3 quarts of water over the top. Cook the daylights out of it and strain. Now make soup or store appropriately. Bet you didn't know one puny chicken had so many meals in it, did you?Remember this is Rubber Chicken, not Miracle Chicken, if you have a big family, you will need to cook more than one chicken to insure leftovers. LOL


Tonight's Dinner:
Something with Ground beef-->Not quite sure yet

Tuesday's Dinner:
Fried Chicken
Steamed Rice
Steamed carrots
Salad

Monday's Dinner:
Taco Night with all the fixings

No comments: