Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thursday's Post

I woke up this morning at 6:00---and I was out the door at 7:35---On Wednesdays and Thursday's Tony starts school at 8:05--so I have to drop Alexis off first and then Tony--I walk Alexis up to her class while Tony stays with the baby--whew--I am running...LOL. Thank goodness that their schools are right down the street from each other--BUT--the traffic is insane---I live 2 minutes from the highschool but some times it can take me up to 25 minutes to get into the parking lot. I am managing to get my kids to there school on time--even the first day--but for some reason it seemed I was always a step behind, and I just was so sure I was on top of everything. You see I am very hard on myself, and I need to stop that. Kevin called me and told me everything would be okay--they are not going to lose Alexis--I know this, but she is only 6, and I have to be there for her---I went to get her and they have all the cars lined up and when my car gets up to the front, they have a lady with a bull Horn that calls Alexis's name---I got there and waited about ten minutes and I could see her, happily chatting with her friends, so I calmed down. Also, I am a little sad, that I won't be able to donate as much time to my kids school as I did before--but I am so happy to have Little Kevin. He is such a ball of sunshine--he had his well baby this morning after I dropped the kids off--he is doing really well--he is now 16 pounds--100% breastmilk!!! I can start giving him water if he wants it or if it is really hot--BUT, it has finally cooled off and all my windows are open--the breeze is wonderful!!!!!

I went shopping with my Grandmother yesterday, and went to the Farmer's Market--ohh, I got all sorts of nice fruits and veggies.

Ohhh, I forgot, on the first day of school, I had to stop by the WalMart--yes, WalMart---I needed to pick up a pair of FISKAR scissors and another notebook for Alexis, anyway, it was so nice, not crowded at all--YAY!!!! I love WalMart--but not the crazy crowds--so now that school is back I can start shopping there again...LOL.

I cleaned everything off of the floors upstairs and ran the vacuum through, now I have to do the downstairs.

Dinner will be something with groundbeef, not sure yet. Last night was pork chops. Okay---that is all for now xoxoxox

8 comments:

Paula said...

Julieann, aren't the first few days of school always the most hectic--seems there are papers flying everywhere!! And just getting back into the swing of things takes a few days!

Blessings,
Paula

Carole Burant said...

I'm just so happy to have all that behind me! lol I do remember well, though, how hectic it was to get the kids to school and making sure they got home safely as well! Little Kevin sounds like such a good baby and he truly is doing well:-) My babies were 9lbs 8oz and 9lbs 13oz when they were born so it didn't take them long to reach 16lbs! lol xox

Tracy said...

I homeschool now, but I remember those first days of school. My children rode the bus, but I followed behind in the car because I was worried that they would stay on the bus or something. Then waiting for them to come home on the bus was awful, too.

Jodi said...

((Julieann)) ~ Sounds a bit stressful keeping such a tight schedule for drop offs. Bri (my 17 y.o.) was in school for the first couple of years, and I always noticed that after that first week of school the car traffic dropped off tremendously (I think many of the children switched over to bus). Maybe that will be true for you as well, and then you can whip in and out of those parking lots ~ lol. ;o)

Your description of the pick-ups sure brought back memories. I used to rush to be the first or second in line to pick-up because I hated to think of my son (at only 5 and 6) standing out there with all that traffic waiting for me. It meant I had to get to the school about 30 to 45 minutes early, so once I got dubs on a front spot, I would nurse the baby while I waited. Such a process ~ lol!

Hope things flow smoother as the new schedule becomes routine. Hugs to you!

candy said...

Have a nice weekend Julieann :)

Rose of Sharon said...

Wow, you did have a hectic morning, but it is nice it all worked out. It should get better for you. Is there any way you could put the baby in a stroller and walk?

How wonderful that your son is thriving so well on breast milk.....Good for you!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am always a step behind. Even when I am not. Huh?

:0)

theups said...

Goodness!!! 25 minutes for a normally only 2 minute drive!! Oh dear!!!!!

His,
Mrs. U