Saturday, September 01, 2007

Banana Bread

We needed to use up some bananas that were turning ripe really fast--and I didn't want to start filling up my freezer with bananas right now. Alexis and I made banana bread this morning, and oh boy did my home smell wonderful.

Here is Alexis getting the bananas ready, cutting them and then smashing them--she also helped measure out the ingredients and crack the eggs.

Here is the bread right out of the oven.

Ta-Da!!! It tasted really good---especially with all that love in there from my daughter:)


I used the recipe out of my Betty Crocker Cookbook.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Have a great weekend!

Chrissy

Carole Burant said...

I have a bag full of bananas in the freezer just waiting for me to make banana bread and muffins...maybe Alexis would like to come over and help me?? :-) What a great little helper you have!! I love the banana bread smells when it's baking. xox

Rose of Sharon said...

Good morning Julieann! Thank you for leaving the nice comments at my blog spot. I really like your blog too! You look like a wonderful wife and mother. The banana bread looks great. I have an old, old recipe from my great grandmother that I like to use, but I have not made it lately, you have inspired me to make it soon!

Have a great afternoon! Sharon

Kelli said...

What a wonderful helper you have, Julieann! The banana bread looks delicious!

Kelli

theups said...

Oh how I LOVE the smell of banana bread fresh from the oven! The only problem I have with it, though, is that it disappears SO QUICKLY around here!! :)

His,
Mrs. U