Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Update!

Update 2:00 p.m. --this is what it looks like from my home-->

So far so good by me. The fires are all around me--every time I listen to the news, a new fire has started up--the air quality is VERY!!! BAD----I have the house closed up with the A/C on--it doesn't help that it is 95 degrees outside either. I feel so bad for the firefighters working in this heat and all the people having to evacuate---ugh--it is terrible--and it is 24/7 coverage on the TV. I am right in between Los Angeles and San Diego---to give you a little idea of where I am--I am right by Camp Pendleton.



I am keeping all in my prayers!!
Stay Safexo

11 comments:

Tracy said...

I pray that you will continue to be safe.

Anonymous said...

Hey julianne:

I hope you stay safe. How scary. Is it close to you at all?
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Maria

Rhonda said...

So glad to hear you are OK.
We were stationed at Pendleton for 11 years so I know my CA geography pretty well. The news reports we are getting are just awful with no end in site.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you posted! I was worried about you and your family. Keep us updated. My prayers are with you!!

Jennifer in MS said...

I'm praying too!

TO BECOME said...

I hope you stay safe and the fires stay far away. You are in my prayers. connie from Texas

Rose of Sharon said...

Yes, I will pray for rain and for safety for everyone and the protection of your home. Scary. Another blogger is praying for rain in Georgia too.

In Him ~ Sharon

Susan P. said...

I am so glad that you and your family are safe ~ I have been thinking about y'all a lot since the fires broke out. I will continue to pray that you and your family will be safe and that the winds will die down and you will have some much needed rain. My son is a firefighter and I know how much he wishes he could help y'all out. Big hugs, Susan P.

Paula said...

My prayers are with you--the news stories continue to get worse! Stay safe!!

Blessings,
Paula

Anonymous said...

It IS difficult to protect the children from the realities of what's going on. Do keep us posted, God is with you.
May you have a heart of peace, despite it all, as you care for your family. Hugs for your neck.
Love and prayers,
Jen

Anonymous said...

I grew up in SoCal and dreaded the Santa Ana winds for this very reason. This time the fires are beyond imagination though. Prayer heavenward for your safety and health (lungs). Put together important papers and have them at the ready, dear one.

Praying,
Sherry