Friday, October 12, 2007

Rules

Our neighborhood street is being slurry sealed--and they are doing it in 3 parts--well, today is the part where I live--so the rules were clearly stated that we had to have our car off the street by 7 a.m until 7 a.m. the next day ( I could have left my car in the driveway or garage, but then I would not have been able to drive it until the next day til the street was open again)---or we would be towed and if we caused any damage to the street during this we would have to pay, well, I was up and dressed by 5:30--and I had my kids up, dressed and fed by 6:30--I was out the door at 6:55. Whew--I did it. Well, since we had a lot of extra time, we stopped at the store and bought an apple for the teacher and my oldest met up with some friends. Okay, so now I am coming back home, I find a parking spot pretty close, so I don't have to walk far--it is now 8 a.m.--and do you know, there were still so many cars still parked every where, where they weren't supposed to be--people were just coming out of there house in a lackadaisical way and moving there car----There were just too many cars to get towed, so the workers had no choice but to wait for all the people who did not follow the rules to move their car----so now I ask you? Why was I stressing so much---ugh--because, I followed the rules--and if I didn't get anything out of this other then showing my kids, that even as adults we have to follow rules, even if we don't want too------

...and look I just took this picture and there is still a car parked there----I have no idea what is going to happen to that car--will they work around it, tow it--hmmmm.

So, that is a little glimpse into my morning--so with that I have to say HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plans, plans, plans!!! I have so many things I want to do. I want to catch up with all of the blogs I just love to read---there are so many wonderful blogs--I just love blogs about homemaking, so if by chance you are reading, and I have not been to your blog, can you please leave a comment so I can find you:)

I want to do some baking----also, Alexis wants to visit with Bobby(Grandma) so we will go there for a visit. My husband usually plays catch up with his work--he has a crew that he is always doing what they don't finish so he can finish all the tickets that are due. My husband just loves his job--which is a good thing:)

xoxoxox

5 comments:

Heather K said...

Yes that would be annoying JulieAnn!! but yeah..we need to do what's right whether anyone else does or not...frustrating though! Hey what is slurry sealed? I've never heard of that?
Have a great weekend with your family!
take care Heather

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I just wanted to say hello. I hope you have a good weekend!

Chrissy
mother-moments

E R I C A said...

Ugh, it's really frustrating when others don't follow rules, isn't it? It's like they think they are better than everyone else and therefore the rules don't apply to them.

The street looks great with slurry-seal!

Erica

Rose of Sharon said...

That kind of thing really bugs me. Our society today has that attitude - the me first-I'm the only one that matters attitude. Ugh! But, the good thing is you did show your kids that you are a good citizen and also, you got a really neat morning out of it!

Take care, Sharon

theups said...

I learned something today! I had never heard of slurry seal before, so you know I had to Google it to find out what it was!! LOL!! So now I have learned what it is!! :)

I'm glad that you did the right thing and followed the rules even though no one else did. What a great example you set for your children!

His,
Mrs. U