Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hey There:)

Thanks for answering my polls--those are always fun to see everyone's answers.

This is going to be a short week for my kids, I am so happy. No school Thursday or Friday. I do have a teacher conference at Alexis's school today---that should take all of 20 minutes. We had a Fall party--and since I am room mom with another mom we had our duties to do. I was in charge of the cookie center. We decorated sugar cookies like little pumpkins, it was fun, and Little Kevin had a ball too.

The weather is so much better, we can all breath again--yay!! I like breathing, don't you?


I am going to make a chore chart for my children---I had made one last year while I was in Georgia, but then during the move it got ruined--and I never did re-make one. My older son is a big help for me, but he sometimes forgets what day he needs to take the trash cans to the curb and so on. It was actually his encouragement to make another chart--and yes, he gets an allowance for his help.

OHH, I can not wait to start decorating for Christmas---and baking Christmas cookies--YAY!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto, I cant wait to get the christmas tree up and sit infront of the telly with a hot cuppa of cocoa, snow falling outside and the lights twinkling out of the corner of my eye.

I love Christmas :D

p,s happy halloween :D

TO BECOME said...

I always look forward to Thanksgiving that is a favorite holiday for all of my family.We have so much to be thankful for this year. Then comes CHRISTMAS.We love it. I am looking forward to trying to do some different decorating this year. It is usually the same things.Whatever I know it is going to be great. I hope you have a wonderful day. connie from Texas

Lori said...

I love Christmas. The reason we are getting ready(buying and wrapping gifts, ordering picture Christmas cards and etc) for Christmas is that we have one of our Christmas' in a few weeks at Thanksgiving.
I too love Thanksgiving and the many blessings God gives us.
We don't forget Thanksgiving and being thankful. We just have to be ready for Christmas at Thanksgiving. Does that make any sense.
The nice thing about having one of our Christmas' early and getting a big share of shopping and wrapping and baking done. It gives one time to relax and enjoy December and focus on the real meaning of Christmas.

Lori said...

Forgot to mention...its a busy week for us here too.
Wed Megan has her preschool program
Then all the business with trick or treating.
Thursday I help with Derek's fall festival. Derek gets a tooth pulled.
I work.
Friday our kids don't have school either. So that will be nice to have them home. Al has teacher inservice.

Enjoy your time with your kids. I love short school weeks and nice long weekends spent with my kiddos.