Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday

Happy Sunday!



Proverbs Day 280 (KJV):

Proverbs 25:26 (KJV): A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.





Thoughts for the Day
This verse from Proverbs compares a righteous man who compromises, to a polluted spring. Men and women of God should be as a spring of fresh water to thirsty people. However, when a spring becomes muddied or polluted with something dead in it, then it is unfit to drink. This is how our Christian witness becomes when we yield to sin and compromise our integrity, thus allowing the wicked to mock us.
There is a story in the Old Testament about a time when Jerusalem, the city of God's people, was lying in ruins because it had been destroyed by its enemies. It is a type of the life of a Christian whose life has been wasted by the enemy. Nehemiah, who was a Jewish exile in Persia obtained permission from the King to go back to Jerusalem and rebuild the city. He was met with resistance when Sanballat, Tobiah and Geshem heard about his plans. They mocked him and even falsely accused him of rebelling against the king.




Prayer for the Day
Dear Heavenly Father, Fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I am one through whom sweet water can always flow forth. Lord, help me to guard my mouth and speak good things from Your Word. Deliver me from all compromise and give me the grace to always stand in integrity before men. Help Your people to be good witnesses in this world so that we do not bring any reproach on the Kingdom of God. Forgive us when we fall down and lift us back up and rebuild our walls, so that the enemy is defeated in our lives. I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Courtesy of Bible.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great Sunday. I also have tagged you at my blog if you want to play.

Chrissy

Julieann said...

Hi Chrissy--Thank you--I am on my way to read your meme:)

Julieann

candy said...

Happy Sunday to you!!
:)

Jodi said...

Julieann ~ What a wonderful reminder to guard our hearts and minds. Thank you for sharing this.