Friday, August 11, 2006

Ravioli Recipe

The recipe for my Ravioli's is just something I made up. I just took wonton wrappers*, you can find them in any grocery store, and I put a mound of stuffing in them --which can be anything you like-----usually ricotta, mozzerella and parmesean cheese, parsley, and don't forget the egg--plus whatever spices/herbs you would like to add--but this time I mixed ricotta and cheddar cheese----I layered them in a casserole dish, and between layers I put spaghetti sauce--on the last layer I topped it with sauce and then more cheddar cheese:)
(*Note---to glue the wontons together to keep the stuffing in, I just use water around the edges and they stick just fine, and look just like raviolis)

For the sauce you can use bought or homemade--whatever you like. In my sauce, I added ground beef, because my husband is a meat eater, and as long as my dinners have meat in them, he is happy:)
Here is a wonton ravioli recipe, I found on the net that is similar to mine, except, I put the meat in the sauce not the ravioli: It has more percise directions then I do..LOL:) Plus, this one is for eating it normal, like pasta--if you want to make the casserole, skip the boiling process and just put them in the casserole dish like I said earlier, they cook beautifully.

Wonton Ravioli
Try using wonton wrappers for a quick and easy ravioli(Serves 4)

Ingredients:Filling:8 ounces lean ground beef
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano,
chopped
1/2 teaspoon saltPepper to taste
1 pack wonton wrappers
1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water
whisked together
1 jar spaghetti or marinara sauce
Directions:
Prepare filling: Cook the ground beef in a medium skillet over medium high heat, until no longer pink. Drain and pat dry with paper towels; cool.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together ground beef, ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan, mozzarella cheese, oregano, salt and pepper.
Assemble ravioli: Lay wrappers on clean work surface. Place ¾ tsp of filling on one side of wrapper. Brush with egg wash. Fold opposite side over to cover filling to a create a triangle.
Press edges to remove air and seal edges. A cookie cutter may be using to cut ravioli into a moon shape.
Place ravioli on a baking tray lined with a tea towel sprinkled with flour or cornmeal.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli and cook until al dente, about 3-4 minutes.
Drain and serve with warmed sauce.


Growing up in an Italian household, I was taught how to make homemade sauce very well--but I do cheat occasionally--->shhhhhh, don't tell my Grandma.

As for the Chocolate chip cookies I use the recipe in my Betty Crocker Cookbook:

I was able to find the recipe on the net--YAY--here it is --->


Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies
An easy chocolate chip cookie to make with extraordinary results!
1 1/2
cups butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4
cups granulated sugar
1 1/4
cups packed brown sugar
1
tablespoon vanilla
2
eggs
4
cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2
teaspoons baking soda
1
teaspoon salt
1
package (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (4 cups)
1 .
Heat oven to 350ºF. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl using spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
2 .
Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3 .
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool.

No comments: