Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Tuesday

As you can see, I am not the most creative with my titles...LOL. Today is Tuesday, which means my son will be back home in two days, I am so excited. I miss him so much. Kevin, is out of town again--I understand why he is upset with his job sending him out of town all the time, I know he misses his family.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti--my daughter loves spaghetti---it must be the Italian in her.

With my son on Vacation and Kevin out of town, laundry was rather easy--I did two loads and I am finished--I tried the new Tide Lavendar, and ohhh it smells so pretty. I am going to make my own febreeze with the fabric softner--I love it when my home smells pretty. Especially when the holidays start to approach us, and all the wonderful smells that come with it from baking and cooking. I just love holidays. I especially love the holidays here in Georgia. In California it just doesn't feel the same--I mean sometimes at Christmas time, it is 90 degrees out--that is just not right..LOL. Oh, how I will miss the seasons here in Georgia:(

On Thursday, I am going to make Cinnamon rolls---I saw Paula Dean making them on her show, and Kevin had remarked that he loves homemade Cinnimon rolls--so I shall make some for him, so when he returns he can have some with his coffee. Plus, I am sure my children will enjoy them too. Here is the recipe, I am going to use-->


Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
See this recipe on air Tuesday Sep. 05 at 4:00 PM ET/PT.
Recipe SummaryDifficulty: Medium Prep Time: 20 minutes Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour Cook Time: 30 minutes Yield: 12 to 15 servings User Rating:
Dough: 1/4-ounce package yeast 1/2 cup warm water 1/2 cup scalded milk 1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter or shortening 1 teaspoon salt 1 egg 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
Filling: 1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for pan 3/4 cup sugar, plus more for pan 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon 3/4 cup raisins, walnuts, or pecans, optional
Glaze: 4 tablespoons butter 2 cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 to 6 tablespoons hot water
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts, pecans, or raisins if desired. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
Meanwhile, mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.
Episode#: PA0711Copyright © 2006 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

You all have a great Tuesday xoxox

P.S. WOOHOOO--I figured out how to space my paragraphs..LOL--YAY!!!!

No comments: