Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Over Easy



Eggs--I love eggs. Over easy, over medium, over hard, poached, sunny side up, basted, deviled, egg whites, scrambled..etc--there are just so many ways to cook them. If I am running low on eggs, I feel that my kitchen is just not right----I usually buy the big carton of eggs that has 2 and half dozen eggs in them. Before you buy them, always check for cracks. I also hard boil a bunch, for a qucik snack for the kids, or to top on my salads. Also, nothing fancys up a table more then having a dish of deviled eggs on it. Whenever I am in the mood to make deviled eggs and put them on the Table, Kevin will always say, "Wow, what's the occasion?" I just say, "because I love my family" Okay, I do show my love in a lot of different ways, not just making a dish of deviled eggs--that is kind of funny..LOL.

My Simple Deviled Egg Recipe:

Hard boiled eggs
Real Mayonaise---Never Miracle Whip
Salt and pepper to taste
Paprika to sprinkle over the top

That is all I do----then after I fill the eggs with the filling ( I think we all know the basics of deviled egg making, so I don't think I have to explain the boiling process, the cutting in half taking out the yolk and creaming it together with the mayo, blah, blah, blah) I sprinkle paprika over them to make them pretty. I know a lot of people add mustard, and all sorts of ingredients--I just keep mine very simple. Sometimes, I will stick an olive in the center--Kevin's family showed me that little tip--it must be a Southern thing though:)

I took out some ground beef for dinner, I will make some patties and make a veggie---my kids aren't really big eaters, and with Kevin still in California, I can't go over board on my dinners with kevin away, or there will be too much waste, and I try not to waste food.

It rained through the night, so it is all wet outside--I think blue is a nice color dress to wear on a semi-rainy day---I have my hair clipped back with some bobby pins, it is still down, but pulled back, so it won't get in my way while I am packing--ahhhh, yes, I said the P word...LOL...I am still packing, I bet you thought I wasn't going to mention that--well, I will give a box count a little later---I have packed so many, I have to actually re count them.

You all have a wonderful, safe and happy Tuesday!!! xoxox

No comments: