Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Countdown:)

Okay, so the countdown begins. I got my packing supplies today--and I have 2 weeks to pack up this house. For those of you that don't know--I am moving back to California. I am sad that I am leaving Georgia, and my home--I have been here just over a year and I absolutley adore this life here. This will be my 4th time moving across country, and hopefully my last. My husband keeps getting raises, but each time it means a move. Thankfully though, it is just back and forth from San Clemente California to Marietta Georgia. My children are very excited to go back, especially my oldest since he was born there and has so many friends. Plus my family is all there too. My dearest and closest friend is there and is helping with the things there that I can't do 2,400 miles away. I found a home, that is so lovely, so hopefully when Kevin flies out there this weekend, he can sign the papers.

So even though I have done this moving thing quite a few times, I am always open to tips on making the move smoother--any tips out there????

Last time when I moved the box count was 160--so I am hoping I can do better then that:)

Here I go:

Box Count so far: 1

2 comments:

Angelena said...

Good luck with the move. I don't know if you have heard of flylady or not but she has a wonderful article on how to pack for moving. Her website is www.flylady.net

Julieann said...

MrsAngelena, thank you for your comments----can you believe, on my very first move across country, I printed all of FlyLady's moving article out---and last month, when I organizing my notebook, I saw it and said to myself--oh I don't think I need this article anymore..LOL. I never thought I would be going back to California so soon. :)