Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pictures of Saturday!



Good morning.  I put my pictures in a slide show, using Movie Maker.  I was just playing around :)  On Saturday, we made several different stops.  I am looking for a new area rug for my living room.  Kevin and I have different opinions on the matter...LOL.  I like the shag style, and he likes the oriental style.  I took a picture of the oriental style one he likes, it is flowerey and then I took a picture of the shag I like.  Okay, what kind do you prefer?  I love warm tones, and a cozy home.  It is kind of hard to make this home cozy, being it is huge..but I am trying.  I love this home so much.  It is the prettiest home I have ever lived in and I want to decorate it nicely.  Have I mentioned I don't have a decorating bone in my body???

We went to the bookstore, and I just love bookstores!!  We were on a mission for a book for my daughter, but they were out, so we had to order it.  We did get Little K a book and I also got a cookbook stand for my kitchen counter.  Now I can display my cookbooks nicely as I am reading the recipe.

We also went to Gamestop and got Little K a new game for his PS Vita, Sonic of course :)

We went grocery shopping too, but I need to go again today...I need more coffee creamer.  Some of you know, I drink coffee all day long, so creamer is a necessity. 

I hope you all enjoyed my video that I made yesterday (in the post below this one), it was fun.....I will make more.  Chrissy, when it is warmer, I will take you on a walk around the neighborhood...lol..but it is too cold for this Cali girl at the moment...LOL..BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  :)

3 comments:

chrissy said...

Sounds like a very fun day! I tend to like traditional things myself because they are timeless. I just think if I'm going to invest a lot of money in something, I don't want it to be out of style in a few years :o)

I am in the market for rugs too but they are expensive so it will be a while before we buy any. I will probably go with something like an oriental. I have hunter green, burgundy, chocolate brown and yellow gold as the predominant colors throughout my house. I also have a lot of black accents on picture frames and mirrors and a few black pottery barn-type pieces of furniture.

For some reason I couldn't view your slideshow ~ it could be my computer but I thought I'd let you know in case you need to tweek your end...have a wonderful day and keep warm. It is cold for us (middle 50's for the high) so we are inside today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video. Good job.

Mari said...

I like your shag rug better. I think Oriental rugs are pretty but much fancier looking and not as homey and comfortable.
I loved the video below. You are so cute! :)