Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday's Stuff!

My Big Clean from Friday is continuing .....

Some things I did today:

I went to the .99 cent store
Went grocery shopping at Albertson's

Set up a lemonade stand for the kids--(Alexis made $7.50)
Did 3 loads of Laundry
Scrubbed a toilet

I have my weekly Menu plan done, so I will post that too.

I need to get a toy box for Little Kevin, it is amazing how much stuff a little baby can accumulate...LOL. I have been using a big basket I got at Michael's awhile back and it just does not hold everything any more. I really like the organizing tubs that I saw on *Jon and Kate plus 8*--she organized her whole house and she got these really neat organizing tub/shelf like things for the kids toys.

We had Tacos for dinner tonight--I always like an easy dinner after grocery shopping. My buzzer on my dryer just went off, so off to fold I go. Happy Saturday Everyone. xo

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Saturday, Julieann! It sounds like you are getting lots of work done, I love productive Saturdays like that!
Hugs,
Kelli

Sondra said...

Sounds like you have been busy. I want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot to me. :)

Mrs Swan said...

I do not watch the show your speaking of so I have no idea on the bins your talkin about. I do want to tell you though that if you cannot find them or whatever Target has a white toybox in the Do Your Own Room area. It is about $40 but we just love it! It has a bunch of safety features from being unable to pinch finges if lid is closed on a hand to the lid only being opened an inch and it WILL stay up from the hinges so no slams.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you've had a productive couple of days. I love Jon & Kate plus 8. Have a super Sunday!

j said...

Julieann, you need to come PRACTICE organizing at my house. Then you will be a pro and organizing your home will be a breeze. Can I expect you, say Wednesday, in Alabama to begin your practice? HAH! Take a break and rest a little. It's the weekend - Jennifer

The Adventures of Jing and Ying said...

I think Jon & Kate got their organizing stuff at Ikea. At least that's what it looked like on the show.

I have pastel-colored bins that fit on a white shelf. Got the whole thing at K-Mart on sale for $40. It holds a lot of stuff. Here's a photo of it from Target's website (and you can also get it in primary colors for a boy):

http://www.target.com/Whitmor-Kids%E2%80%99-12-Bin-Organizer-Pastel/dp/B000LRBSOE/qid=1203303924/ref=br_1_2/601-4344930-0024107?ie=UTF8&node=384314011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Erica

Lori said...

My kids love to have lemonade stands in the spring or summer when we have our annual garage sale.
No lemonade stands here this time of year. It is -5 with the windchill here today.

I still haven't watched that Jon and Kate Plus 8 show. I will have to sometime.

Thanks for your kind message on my blog.
I will have to take and post some pictures once I get to working.
This next week is putting away supplies in the cabinets and drawers and etc. It will be a busy week.

Hugs, Lori