Sunday, February 03, 2008

Leviticus--(is where I am at.)


And if a soul sin, and hear the voice of swearing, and [is] a witness, whether he hath seen or known [of it]; if he do not utter [it], then he shall bear his iniquity.

This is the very first verse of the chapter that I read ---

Basically it means to me, that if you see someone do something wrong and don't speak up you are just as guilty---

I am trying my best to read the bible straight through--and I have to say, I have to go on the computer to look things up, read my daughter child's bible at times and so forth---some things I understand right away and other things I really have to look into. I talk with my grandmother about it---she knows so much, but she says she has a hard time understanding things in the Bible too--so that made me feel a lot better:)

Have a great Sunday everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hummmm haven't ever thought of that.

Tracy said...

That's a convicting verse, isn't it?

Julieann said...

Tracy, I think so.

Mimi said...

It's wonderful that you are reading the Bible through!

I've also read my children's simple version at times when I wanted to understand something better.

Happy Sunday!

Carrie said...

Last year I decided to read the Bible through a different way. I found a list of Bible chapters arranged chronologically and read it through that way.
God bless you as you continue your Bible reading. He will give you the help you need.
Carrie @ Oak Rise Cottage