Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Falling back into Blog Land

Oh my, It seems like forever since I sat down to write in my blog. Thanksgiving was wonderful, everything turned out perfect--except--I got so busy with everything, by the time I remembered to take pictures it was too late.We had Turkey for a couple of days after that:

Thursday: Turkey Dinner
Friday: Hot Turkey Sandwiches
Saturday: Turkey Quesadillas
Sunday: Turkey and Dumplings
I think I did pretty good with coming up with ideas for all that Turkey..LOL.

Today is Wednesday and it very cold here, brrrrrr.

I have been decorating for Christmas, so everyday my home looks a little more festive. Hopefully this weekend I can talk my husband into puting the lights on the house outside:)

Yesterday my step daughter gave birth to her son--so that makes Kevin and I grandparents :::giggles::::

This is what I am making for dinner tonight--except I am doing a few things different:)
Bonnie's Buffalo Chicken Dip
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
poached and shredded with 2 forks
1 12 oz. bottle Frank's Hot Sauce
2 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese (I only use one)
1/2 C. chopped celery
1 16 0z. bottle of ranch dressing
8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar or jack cheese
Preheat oven to 375 F.
In a 13X9X2 baking dish, combine the chicken and bottle of Franks and smooth to an even layer. In a saucepan over mediuim heat combine cream cheese and ranch dressing. Stir until smooth and hot. Pour evenly over the chicken and sprinkle the celery on evenly over it all. Bake 20 mins uncovered then sprinkle on the cheese and bake until just bubbly and melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sturdy scoopers like celery sticks or crn chips, one person suggested just a spoon.
I don't use quite that much Ranch dressing either, and I am going to put over a layer of rice in a casserole dish----I have made this before and my family just loves it.

I am wearing a very warm skirt (Green), it is almost like a sweater skirt, and grey long sleeve cotton shirt.

Well, I have a list of chores to do today also---yesterday was a rather busy day for me, so I was not able to get too much housework done--I was room mom at my daughter's school and Tony had an eye appointment after school----today is more relaxed so I am hoping to wash the kitchen floor, and do a load of laundry-----maybe swish the toilets, etc..I am sure you all do the same when you are home. You all have a very Blessed and Warm Wednesday xoxo

Maybe some baking too--to warm up the kitchen:)))

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm impressed with all the ways you used your leftover Turkey! Everything sounds yummy.
Yup, I do the same kind of chores when I'm home
too. :0)
Kelli