Monday, January 24, 2011

Hamburger Stew!

Hamburger Stew

(Photo and recipe courtesy of Taste of Home)
Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
2 medium onions, chopped
4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Hunt’s® Stewed Tomatoes
8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups water
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 to 2 tablespoons salt
1 to 2 teaspoons pepper

ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch of stew):
1 cup water
Directions
In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, carrots, celery, potatoes, water, rice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.

~~~~~~~~~

Happy Monday everyone!
My weekly menu should be up by the end of the day. I am doing some research on some new recipes:)
Tonight I am going to make this Hamburger Stew from TOH.

I walked my mile today and the weather was beautiful. I want to get one of those pedometers and see how much walking I do in an entire day. Years ago when I worked as a waitress, I wore one, and I can't remember the miles I walked, but I do remember it was A LOT....LOL.

Have a wonderful and blessed Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That hamburger stew looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Linda
diamondk410@aol.com