Monday, June 02, 2008

Fried Chicken and Other Fun Stuff!

This is fried chicken--so wonderfully yummy and oh so not(Too) healthy--BUT it is one of my hubby's VERY favorite meals--I made it for him the other night and I took this picture to add on my blog---YUMMY!! So crisp and juicy. My motto is and has always been everything in moderation--and oh does my husband appreciate these dinners. They are truly made with love for him. Frying is not one of my favorite things ,but I do know my southern man just loves it. I dipped the chicken in eggs and buttermilk and then dredged it in flour--and fried away--I kept the fried chicken in the oven to keep cooking and to stay warm while I fried all the other pieces.

I have looked into making my own buttermilk, but the cost effectiveness does not seem good--what are your thoughts on that?

I have so many wonderful things I want to post about and I have a bunch of pictures to share too---so keep an eye out for some up and coming picture posts and a lot of homekeeping posts too--my favorite things to post about---LOL--My daily life as a wife and mother--

I got some more of my swiffer pads--I didn't realize how much I appreciate these until I ran out---I got some more at walmart--this box at Walmart cost a little under 6.00.

For the kitchen trash my husband likes me to use really good garbage bags that cling around the sides and and don't rip like Hefty. But for my recycle can I don't need such a powerful trash bag--so I bought these smelly bags for my kitchen recyclable and my bathroom trash cans--they smell of vanilla---Neat-o, huh?

Thank you for reading, and I have my cupcake post that we did at Alexis's school all ready to post too---and I just want to tell everyone, to have a blessed week and thank you for visiting me--I went to a lot of blogs last week and enjoyed my visits very much--please leave me a comment so I can visit you too---(if you want) Happy Monday!! Yay--now, lets put on our aprons and start moving---:)


18 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

That chicken looks delicious! What a sweet thing the way you show your love for your hubby. And I agree, everything in moderation. Then we get to enjoy a little of everything!
Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

I make my own "buttermilk" all the time. Just 1/4 tsp of vinegar or lemom jiuce per cup of milk and let it stand about 5 minutes before you use it. I never buy "real" buttermilk since I use so little of it. Only for frying chicken, making ranch dressing, and some baking recipies. Enjoy!

Arlene said...

Wow! You actually share your recipes? Your chicken looks delicious. I'll stop by more often to see what's cookin' (I need all the ideas I can get).

Anonymous said...

Julieann,
I always keep powdered buttermilk on hand to use for pancakes and such. It is wonderful, and you can't tell the difference when used in recipes. You use however much or little you like, and put the powder canister back in the fridge for another day. Your chicken looks YUMM-O!!
Take care,
Jen

Sondra said...

I love my Swiffer too. I really like when they have coupons in the paper for the refils. I wish you could refil the cleaning solution too, but they just want you to buy a new one. I hate that.
Your chicken looks yummy. No one in my family likes fried chicken. Strange huh- being in the south and all :)

Anonymous said...

Julieann, did you buy the vanilla kitchen bags at wal-mart also?

Christina

Julieann said...

Megan--I think I can do that..LOL--How simple is that:) I am going to try it, and let you know--you say you do it and make ranch Dressing--I just love homemade Ranch dressing:)

Thank you so much for the tip!

Julieann

Julieann said...

Hi Christina--yes, that pack of Garbage bags I got at Walmart for $3.18--- :O)

Julieann

Mrs Swan said...

Chicken looks YUMMY! I am just not brave enough to try it. i fear it would be undercooked inside and black on the outside.

Julieann said...

OHHH, Jen--where can I get powdered buttermilk?

That is neat!

Julieann

Julieann said...

Crystal--Slowly--and then I put it in the oven and it cooks through out--I don't put the chicken in firey hot grease--just fair to midlin, kind of like when you fry bacon, nice and easy:)

Julieann

Mrs Swan said...

Yeah but I bake bacon LOL and I nuke turkey bacon. You'll just have to do a tutorial next time you make it Heheh

Anonymous said...

I should clarify though. I buy a package of powdered Ranch dressing mix from Hidden Valley. Be sure it says "buttermilk recipie". Then I mix a cup of homemade buttermilk, a cup of mayo and the powder and voila! Ranch dressing! Never heard of buttermilk powder...maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

The Lady of the House said...

Looks delicious!

Kelli said...

Hi Julieann! That chicken looks so yummy! I also think those scented trash bags are very neat, I will have to look for them. I've made buttermilk before and it was delicious, but I don't think it was any cheaper than buying it. Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Kelli
P.s. I sent you an email, let me know if you got it. :0)

Rose of Sharon said...

The chicken looks so wonderful! For some reason I am intimidated by fried chicken! I want to try your recipe and see if I can concur my fears!!!

Enjoy your day!

Sharon

Kathi said...

YOur chicken looks wonderful Julieann. I have never made it look that good. I'll try your recipe. Thanks for sharing. Kathi

Tracy said...

I always appreciate the enthusiasm that you put into keeping your home and feeding your family! I'm sure that your husband is a happy man!