Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Day of the Year!

2007 is coming to an end.....and I am excited for 2008, wonderful things are happening and I am thankful for every single day--because every day is a gift from God. I don't make resolutions, I think they are silly for me--I think every day we should be thinking and doing good--not just one day out of the year. I don't believe in *Dieting* I believe in eating right and in moderation--I of course have had some bad habits/vices---I was a smoker--oh, how I loved to smoke--isn't that just a terrible thing to say? I was a closet smoker---I hid, because I was embarrassed---I remember one day, my sister asked me if I was smoking and I replied yes and she said, Julie--You are so pretty why on earth would you do something so ugly?? Boy, oh boy did that hit me.

I don't know why I just posted that---but I did--I am not a smoker anymore, and I don't ever plan to smoke again--but I do miss them occasionally.

Enough about that...

When I was pregnant, I stretched out all my under garments----so over the weekend, Kevin took me and I bought me all new undergarments---I purged everything out of my drawer----OHHH, I was so happy!!!

Now, I am working on my closet----remember my closet--do I dare show a before picture...LOLA bunch of my white blouses are being washed and then I will press them and hang them up.I am going to go through every single garment and try it on--if it fits I will keep it--if it doesn't---I am going to pack it up.
Okay, so there is my closet--fun, huh? ...LOL--actually I am enjoying it.

I forgot to buy black eyed peas for our New Years dinner, so when I drop Alexis off at her Brownie meeting I am going to pick up some black eyed peas for New Years dinner--I don't believe in the luck aspect of the peas, it is just tradition, kwim?

well---I think I chattered enough--I must get back to the closet while baby is napping:)

3 comments:

Mrs Swan said...

Your too cute! Your closet looks a billion times better than mine does and you said you were just starting. Hehe

Happy New Year to you and yours! No resolutions here either. Just because I am pregnant and can't declare myself on a diet. LOL So far I am doing well this pregnancy though so all is well. Only gained 9 lbs with Aaron and right now I am -3 of start weight so we will see. 20 weeks to go EKKKKK

Mimi said...

Ah, you just reminded me to start the peas soaking!

Lori said...

Happy New Year!!

I'm sure you feel great about going through your closet and getting it organized.

We did lots of organizing projects over the Chirstmas break. It's a great feeling to get that done.