Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wednesday--Some pictures too

Hello. I think you all know by now, that when I say I am going to do something tomorrow--it may be the tomorrow after the tomorrow...LOL. I just could not find the time to sit here and put up these pictures yesterday---I am a pretty quick typer, but when there are pictures involved it takes a little longer--so, I can not always get here when I say. Okay, now on to some pictures:

Kevin sleeping---I just love those little cheeks--I am constantly kissing them
My boy again--->
I did Alexis's hair in pig tails today and we put little lady bugs in her hair--I need my other digital back, it takes better pictures--you can't really see the detail here---my other camera is still at Grandmas
All the ingredients ready to go for the rolls--->
Rolls ready to rise--they came out big---> perfect for pulled pork sandwiches--->
The pork in the crock pot-->
This is the sauce I used-->
Pouring it in..LOL
All done--it smelled so good--->
Instead of pancakes this morning I decided to make Tony and Alexis hashbrowns and eggs--here are the shredded potatoes, that I shredded myself--->
getting brown--->
Here is Tony's breakfast---> Alexis had Hashbrowns and applesauce
A pretty bow in Alexis's hair the other day--->
This is my pretty girl all ready for school this morning----->

The beginning of the week, I always hard boil some eggs, Alexis just loves to them as a snack, also, I use them in my salads, sandwiches, deviled eggs---etc. ----->

I made baked pasta one night. Yes, I do not always make my own sauce--But the can was opened with love:)
I put the cheese on last--->
Here are my beautiful Artichokes---->
I cut the stems off, and trim the leaves with scissors, the sharp part--then I put them in a big pot of water and boil until tender(30 minutes on average), a leave will come off easily. Next time I make artichokes I will do a step by step with pictures, okay? Here is a website all about artichokes with recipes CLICK HERE

Also, on Saturday, I made a big list of everything I would like to get accomplished through the week--I have done a few things already--this is my Notebook--you all are familiar with my notebook:)


whew---those were a lot of pictures..lol. I really enjoy taking all these pictures and sharing them, and I like to look back and see what I was up too back then...Next month I will have been writing in this blog for a whole year, wow, I can not even believe it. I will look back in the beginning and read about Georgia, the rain, packing, wanting to have another baby--it is so neat to have these things written down to remember, and it is even better to make friends while I am doing it.

Today is Wednesday and I want to get something else crossed off my list--I also have laundry, empty the dishwasher, prep for dinner, all sorts of fun things. The kids are all in school and Kevin is napping. I am going to make a pot of coffee--it is half caff, half decaff it seems to give me a little nudge and the doctor said it should be just fine, plus I drink a lot of water too.

I hope all who stops by has a wonderful Wednesday, keep smiling and big hugs for all my friends!!! xoxoxoxo

8 comments:

Doberlady said...

Julieann,

That breakfast looked YUMMY!! You are such a great mom. Baby Kevin is so adorable and loved your daughter's dress today. I also boil eggs to keep in the fridge, the kids love them as after school snacks. The rolls are going to be great, you know how much I love homemade bread. Gosh, ever see the ingred list on a bag of store bought bread YIKES.

Have a great day!

Amber said...

The breakfast and pulled pork looked delicious. I may have to try some artichokes after seeing yours. Thanks so much!

Heather K said...

mmmm your breakfast pic looks scrumptious!!! Do you rinse the shredded potatoes? We learned to make home made hashbrowns when we were kids... they would cook into a big glob...but we loved them! For some random reason recently, I decided to rinse the potatoes after shredding... they cooked up incredibly nice... They didn't stick into a glob and go grey! They weren't sticky at all.. just perfect. Your little one is getting so big!And oh so cute.. and so is Alexis... she looks so sweet in the pic at the front door.

Anonymous said...

I open all my cans with love, too!! :-) All the food looks delicious, and the children look so sweet and healthy. The baby is really growing!! And I love how Alexis always dresses cute for school--my 6 year old always loves wearing dresses to school, too.

Kelli said...

I see little Kevin is wearing a baby gown, those were my favorite baby clothes! I was so sad when Benjamin outgrew his. His cheeks are so kissable!
Your breakfast looks delicious, I love hashbrowns, especially with maple syrup on them. :0)
Thank you for the artichoke instructions, I can't wait to try them!
Have a wonderful and productive week!
Hugs,
Kelli

Kelli said...

Oh, I meant to tell you that I put my phone charger on my other kitchen corner, way in the back where you can't see it. I hope I don't forget it's there! LOL

Kelli

Susan P. said...

I wish I could just jump through the computer screen and give that precious boy a kiss!! I'm like Kelli, I just loved it when my children wore those little gowns ~ such a sweet, sweet time! You are such an awesome cook ~ your pictures are making my mouth water;o)

theups said...

Julieann, you truly amaze me! The Lord has given you GREAT energy!!

Thank you for sharing the artichoke information. I may get up the nerve soon to try my hand at preparing them!!!

Your food, as always, looks soooo delicious!!!

His,
Mrs. U