Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday Post and Roast

Today is Tuesday, which means I have 9 days left. Thank you all for looking at all my pictures in the other posts, and yes, I will be posting lots of baby boy too. I will be taking my Digital and regular camera to the hospital---I will post as soon as I can when I get home from the hospital. I am room mom today at my daughter's school, which we both really enjoy. I also have to go turn in the library books by tomorrow and get more---I promised Alexis, we would pick out a bunch, so when I am in the hospital, Daddy and Grandma will have a lot to read to her at night:)

It is actully really cool today. We all dressed warm today. OHHH, I can not wait to wear all my pretty dresses again---I have stopped wearing all my favorites, because I do not want to stretch them out around the waist.

On Sunday I made a roast--this is a beef roast---> Isn't it purty?


Then I peeled a bunch of garlic-->
Made slits in the roast and stuffed the garlic all over the roast--->
Then I buttered and seasoned it-->
Put it in the big roasting pan--->
Seared it all over--->Then I added liquid---->
(Liquid can be water, beef broth, chicken broth, veggie broth or you can use bouillon cubes too in the water--which is what I did --->
Also, this liquid is what I used to make my gravy (yummy) I added sliced potatoes, onion and celery--I usually add carrots too--I covered it with foil and put it in a 325 degree oven at noon and took it out at 4:30---made the gravy--etc
Ta Da---this is what it looked like after it rested and put on the serving plate--->
It was very tender.

Tonight's dinner will be a chicken dish--I have ideas of recipes swirling through my head, just not sure yet. Last night I made a spaghetti bake with homemade rolls and a salad.

I did pretty good on my spring cleaning list--now, I want to get in my closet and go through my dresses, picking out the bigger ones that I know will fit--It took me about 4-6 months to get my figure back with Alexis, so I am not going to worry if I don't fit into everything for awhile--it took us girls almost a year to make a baby, we should at least give us a year to get our shape back--plus nursing is such a great diet..(LOL)

Well, I must go for now---I will be back soon--you all have a blessed and wonderful day--I just love reading all your blogs---so much fun!!! xoxox

8 comments:

Amber said...

The roast looks yummy! I will have to do that sometime. I usually do mine in the crockpot! Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby after you have him!

Kelli said...

9 days?!?! I've been wanting to know how too cook a pot roast for a Sunday dinner and I'm going to use your recipe....YUM!! Your family is blessed to have you, Julieann!!
Hugs,
Kelli

Cherish the Home said...

I usually cover mine with oil to sear it but I'm going to try using butter next time!

Your roast looked delicious and the presentation on the plate was so pretty too. (o:

Jodi said...

Hmm - I've never tried the garlic trick ~ I think I'll try that out! :o)

Susan P. said...

I just love all of the pictures showing us the different steps. The roast and the pizza both look so delicious. Your family is so blessed to have you, Julieann! Wow, nine more days to go!! YAY:o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that looks so yummy. You are such a good wife and mother.

And only 9 days, wow!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent post.

I can't believe you are due already.

Candy said...

Looks so good.
Cant believe baby will soon be here!!! Yay!
:)