Thursday, October 19, 2006

Breaded Pork Strips and Other Fun Stuff:)


I made these for dinner last night. I dipped the pork strips in egg then dredged them in a mixture of flour and onion soup mix---and then I fried them. They turned out crispy on the outside and moist in the inside. This is a family favorite, and anything fried, my husband just loves, being the southern man he is...LOL:)

Tonight I am going to make homemade eggrolls--I will let you know tomorrow how they turn out:)

I took my Grandmother shopping yesterday, so I have a free day at home today, my machines are going----I love a busy working home--my dishwasher is running and so is my washing machine--clean clothes and clean dishes--YAY:)

Tomorrow, I am room mom at my daughter's school--we go to the library, so I am the library girl:) The Santa Ana's are here today--yucky!!! The air is so dry and makes everything so staticy. Anyone that has ever lived in Orange County knows what the Santa Ana's are---a very dry wind/heat.

I stopped by the GoodWill yesterday, and bought a new skirt, it is long and it is grey--it is a straight skirt--and I think it will go lovely with a few of my blouses, plus it has an elastic waist--which is good since I am going into my second trimester--YAY!!!!! I can tell I have a bump--but no one else can.

I am going to be makeing a pumpkin pie one day this week---my family just loves pumpkin pie, especially with a dollop of whip cream.

I had read once in a magazine, about women that are newly married and don't know how to cook really well---to saute some celery and onion in a pan, and it will make your house smell like you are a great cook, and your husband will be so happy when he comes home to a wonderfully smelling house, even if you can only manage to cook a grilled cheese...LOL:) I always think about that article, around the holidays, especially when I am making stuffing and cooking celery and onion..LOL--well I am going to go for now---You all have a Wonderful Thursday:) xoxoxox

No comments: