Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Little Cheddar Meatloaves


This recipe is something I have been making forever!!  So very long and a family favorite. 
The original recipe is from, "Taste of Home" and it has been changed to our liking through the years. 
I am so surprised I don't have more pictures of it. 
 I will be sure to take some pictures tonight, since that is what I will be making for dinner. 
It is on my Weekly Menu Plan.

Here is the recipe:


(Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home, picture is from me)
Ingredients:
1 large egg
3/4 cup whole milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or a combo of Jack and Cheddar
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
**2/3 cup ketchup 
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (Optional)
1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard


Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 8 loaves; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
  2. ***Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.

    ***( I don't put ketchup on them, I cook them on the stove and add cream of mushroom soup over the loaves and then I get a really awesome gravy )


No comments: