Thursday, October 06, 2022

APPLES!!! #Apples

 

To me, nothing says fall more than then apples....okay, pumpkins scream fall, but apples I think just represents fall in so many ways.  I've learned to make really good caramel apples, the no nut version....I can make apple sauce.  They are really good to juice, they provide a lot of juice......they are beautiful and colorful and there are so many varieties.

Apples are deciduous!

Apples are tasty!!

Apple pie is yummy, especially my Martha Stewart's version.

Here I put theses beautiful apples in a wooden bowl with leaves and they are on my kitchen counter.

An all natural decoration that just says Fall :0)

*Apple Sauce Recipe *

4 apples, peeled, cored, and cut in cubes.
Use apples that are good for cooking, such as Granny Smith, Gravenstein, Mcintosh, Fuji, Jonathan, or Golden Delicious.


Apples vary in their sweetness level, depending on the variety and how late in the season they are picked. The amount of sugar you will want to add will depend on how sweet your apples are, and how sweet you like your applesauce.
You can omit the sugar altogether. If you do, you want to add less lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, or omit it.


Instead of sugar, you can use honey, stevia,monk fruit, agave, or another sweetener of your choice.




Ingredients:
4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
¾ cup water
1 teaspoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
¼ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
*Combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan; cover and cook over medium heat until apples are soft, about 15 to 20 minutes.

*Allow apple mixture to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher until it is the consistency you like.

_________________________
Did you know there are 7,500 varieties of apples????

So many types of apples....

Fuji
McIntosh
Red Delicious
Gala
Braeburn
Honeycrisp
Jonagold
Granny Smith
Pink Lady
Cortland
Empire
Ginger Gold
Ida Red
Rome Beauty
Jonagold
Paulard



2 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so happy you found me so I could find you back. Sounds like we're kindred souls. I too am an apple over pumpkins girl. I look forward to checking out more of your recipes and have bookmarked you also.

Julieann said...

This was so exciting to see your comment. Made my day!!! I am trying to keep the spirit of blogging alive. Do you remember when it was so busy, we couldn't keep up with all the comments?
I am so happy to have found you too, someone who I relate too and still has a love of blogging :) This blog has watched my babies grow up...tee hee.

Xo
Julieann