Wednesday, October 19, 2022

🤍 Happy Wednesday 🤍

 Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, whatever time finds you here, I want to offer a very big WELCOME!!!!!!



I hope all who come here to read and visit with me are well.  If you need some prayers, please let me know in the comments and I will add you to my prayers.  God listens, and he listens to me because I am his girl!

I turned the heat on for the first time this year...you know that smell that occurs the first time you turn it on...tee hee.

I am going to put a new tab together on my sidebar for Christmas cookies and their recipes.  I would love to have some of your recipes.  If you have a favorite Christmas cookie recipe, or just a cookie recipe that you would like  to share with me, I would love it.


I get so consumed with love and happiness during this time.  There is just something in the air.  Everyone seems to be a little kinder and a little more happy.  The Christmas lights always put me in a such a festive and Chrismasy <sp> mood, with a little pep in my step.

Here is a picture of my most favorite Christmas cookie.  They are an Italian Christmas cookie.....I am Italian.  I make them every Christmas and they must be made one at a time. Labor of love!


I can hear my washer swishing my laundry. 
I love the everyday sounds that we have around the house.  Sometimes, when I am outside, and it is quiet it can transform my thoughts to a time when I was young and waiting for a ride home from high school, because I stayed back and missed the bus.  The quietness in my thoughts, the crispness in the air, reminding me I should have brought a sweater and how nice being inside my warm home will be. It brings me to a much simpler time.  It was hard though, I didn't have an easy time growing up, missing my Mama all the while trying to find my ownself.  As a young girl we always have so many questions to ask our moms, my dad tried, and my grandmother didn't think most of my questions deserved an answer, either I was too young, or they weren't  appropriate...etc...etc.  I grew up not knowing a whole lot about my self, I was very book smart but not very wise with the questions I had.  When I grew up, we didn't have Google...lol.

My father taught me the basics of cooking, and I thank him everyday for the sweet life skills he tried to instill in me.  He taught me how to do laundry, too.....his whites sparkled, my whites, not always...lol.  I try though, and I try with a whole a lot of love and care.

So with that said, tell me your favorite cookie :0)

xo

Julieann

No comments: