Thursday, September 14, 2006

What's For Dinner?

That is a question, that is asked daily. What's for dinner? Yes, what is for dinner? LOL. Sometimes I lay in bed the night before, and I think what I have made the last couple days, what I haven't made lately--and I start to prepare in my mind the menu for the next day. Granted, I do have a somewhat already planned menu, from shopping--but it isn't detailed. I bought some really nice thick pork tenderloins--now, I know I will make a pork dinner, but the detail of that dinner, has not been made. Yesterday, I made a big pot of spaghetti and meatballs---yummy. I will freeze the left over sauce, and use it for another dish, like lasagna. Also, along with my dinners, a salad is always served--it is a given. I have to say I make great salads--my husband sometimes jokes and says he married me for my salads..LOL. I do put a lot of love in my salads, as a matter a fact, I take care in all my dishes I prepare--I never just throw something together. Would you like to come home from working hard all day and have a dinner that I just threw together?? I think my family deserves a little more then that. I love to cook, and I love to bake--it is one of my favorite all time things to do--and it is very high on my list of things I love to do as a wife and mother:) Now, the dishes are another post all together. I do keep a very clean kitchen, and make sure it is clean for the next day--but I do not enjoy washing dishes..LOL. I don't mind any other housework, but dishes is on the bottom of my list.

Speaking of food, even though I love to cook and bake, I am not a big eater at all. Sometimes, I would get a hunger paing, and think to myself, oh myI have forgotten to eat-----so anyway, now that I am pregnant, I am making sure I eat properly---I just had a veggie wrap, that I made myself, and it was sooooooo good!!

As my life goes on day by day, and i see my children growing up--and another one on the way, I just think to myself, is there anything better then being a women--I wouldn't change a thing. There is nothing I would rather be doing then being a wife and mother---Thank you God!!!

You all have a safe and happy Thurday--Happy cooking everyone xoxox

No comments: