Thursday, April 09, 2009

Potatoes Chantilly for Easter Dinner

WE JUST LOVE CHEESE IN THIS HOME!!!


Cheesy Potatoes--AKA Potatoes Chantilly

I got this recipe in an Easter edition of Woman's Day magazine--in 1995...LOL--it was in an article about Amy Grant and what she serves on Easter--and these potatoes were one of her side dishes--this recipe is actually on the Internet too--it is a wonderful potato side dish, very rich--and you can use different cheeses too--we love Cheddar so that is what I use.

CHANTILLY POTATOES

6 Large potatoes
2/3 Cup Milk
5 Tablespoons of butter or Margarine
1 tsp Salt
Pepper
1 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

Boil potatoes until tender. Mash with butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Whip the cup of cream until stiff. Spread mashed potatoes in a greased 3 quart baking dish. Spread whipped cream over the mashed potatoes; sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese melts and top is golden brown at 350 degrees --the magazine says 45 minutes, I just watch it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been doing a lot of work around the home, I just bleached down the kitchen, cleaned the master bathroom and I am working on laundry detail too. I was able to walk my mile too~~~I just adore preparing for Easter:)

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Angelena said...

Those potatoes sound wonderful. I am going to try them soon.

Spring cleaning has been slow coming here. We had snow Monday and Tuesday. Warm weather will come soon and then my cleaning with hit full mode. lol

Have a Blessed Easter Julieann!

Brittany said...

Yum those sound so good Julianne! Have a blessed Easter!