Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I have to confess...

I just got Kevin down for a nap and I put my dog out to go pee--my dog will only bark if people are attempting to enter my gate--he doesn't bark at passer byers, so when my little dog started to bark over and over, I knew someone I didn't know was entering my gate---I ran down stairs so fast to get him to stop barking before he woke my baby--

I have a baby gate in front of my gate so my little dog can not escape---people are bold enough to actually move my gate--UGH.

As, I opened my door, to get my dog--about four women were trying to get into my yard--they were all dressed up and I think they were coming to talk about religion--anyway--all I could think of was, how dare you try and enter into my comfort zone--and second--if you wake Kevin, I am going to be mad...well, the one lady asked, "Is this a bad time?" I snapped, I mean I snapped as rude as I could have ever be, ( I actually surprised myself at how rude I sounded)...I said, YES, IT is!!!! with the most sarcastic sound in my voice. I grabbed my dog and started to go back into my home, and she said, Have a nice day!! Oh. Boy. I bet they are all going on to each other--about how absolutely hateful I appeared.....

Kevin's nap are getting few and far between, so when he does nap--the time I have to get things done are precious--so when he is woken for no reason--it makes my day even harder.

8 comments:

Irene said...

Julieann - I 100% know exactly how you feel! Naps are so important for a happy baby/toddler and, therefore, a happy mommy. I would have probably snapped too!

I live in the country, so when I get those people at my door, I usually just ignore them. Sad, but true.

I am enjoying my daughter's nap time right now....heaven forbid someone wake her up!

Anonymous said...

Hehe You don't look like you have a mean bone in your body.

Myrna said...

I can't imagine you "snapping" at anyone! But, I promise I will never show up at your door unannounced at nap time!:-)

Kate said...

It's really hard to remain patient with people who come into your space to try and talk to you at an inconvenient time. It's worse than telemarketers, because you have that guilt associated with seeing the person. But you are a mother, and had reason to not be the most gracious host to women barging in on precious time. Don't beat yourself up about it......we've all done it before!

Rose of Sharon said...

Oh Julieann, I have done similar things so many times before and I have always felt so bad afterwards. I think later to myself, what if it was an angel in disguise. But at the same time, as a young mother with a naping baby, I understand how valuable your time is. You might want to put a note on your gate "Baby nappying" or "No solicitors or religious groups". I have done that many times. I also used to get bugged when I would forget to turn off the phone at nap time and if it rang I would try to catch it before it woke baby up and it would be a long talker friend, especially if the friend knows it is nap time and they show no empathy or respect of my time. I am sorry that happened to you.

Hugs, Sharon

Becky said...

When these people knock on my door, I do answer their questions...in sign language. :-D I'm gonna get in trouble one of these days, because someone is going to actually understand what I said. But for now, it's kind of funny to see the looks on their faces. It's not very nice of me, kind of a lie by omission...I don't tell them I'm not Deaf, but they assume I am. But, they were rude enough to ignore the "no soliciting" sign on my door, so I'm going to give them a bit of a hard time.

Hey Julieann, aren't you the one that hands your phone over to your daughter when telemarketers call?

Lori said...

I know nap time is so important here too.
Who wants to be interupted by that kind of thing.
I don't blame you. I would've said the same thing.
I've been getting lots of telemarketer calls lately too and I just have to tell them I'm busy.

Kelli said...

Oh, I remember how important nap times were at my house. Not something to be messed with!! I'll confess that I'm rude to telemarketers sometimes. Especially when they call during dinner...grrr..

Hugs,
Kelli