Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mini-Turkey Day


Every year my husband gets a coupon for a free Butter Ball Turkey, from his company, so I made a Mini-Thanksgiving day meal today--I didn't go crazy, because I know we are going to have everything on Thursday. I didn't make my favorite, green bean casserole--YUMMY!!!! I will have green bean casserole on Thursday (giggle). I also made it because we just love the left overs--I am going to freeze a lot of it. We are going to my Father's for Thanksgiving so we won't have leftovers from that day, but we will now--yay!


Can you believe it gets dark at 4:30 Now? Wow-wee:o)

5 comments:

Myrna said...

Looks delicious! I love green bean casserole. My sons insist on gbc and debiled eggs for every holiday meal!

Tracy said...

Everything looks great! Mmmmm...

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Hello - I was just wondering if you have a special recipe for Green Bean Casserole? If you do I would be very interested in it? And do you have a specific kind of green beans that you use?
Thanks so very much,

Lisa in Texas = )

Rose of Sharon said...

It all looks wonderful! How nice that he gets a free turkey! I am not cooking a turkey this year because we are traveling for Thanksgiving, but I will make one in about a week because I love the smell and I love all the leftovers!

Come check out my blog and give me your oppinion on an ad I saw.

Have a blessed Monday! :0) Sharon

Jodi said...

Everything looks delicious! I love green bean casserole, too. I think it's a great idea to create your own little Thanksgiving for just your family. Enjoy your extended family on Thursday. :o)