Thursday, July 06, 2006

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

I love this poem:

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking
When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you hang my first picture on the refrigerator,and I wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I thoughtit was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw you make my favorite cake for me,and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I heard you say a prayer, and I believed there was a God that Icould always talk to.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I felt you kiss me good night,and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw tears come from your eyes and I learnedthat sometimes things hurt,but it's all right to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I saw that you cared and I wanted to beeverything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking,I looked....and now I want to say thanksfor all the things I saw,when you thought I wasn't looking.

No comments: