Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday!

Tonight's Dinner:

Blackened Tilapia
Twice Baked Potatoes
Steamed Carrots
Salad with all the fixings :)

I am doing my grocery shopping tomorrow,
 so I will put up more of what I will be cooking through the week either tomorrow or the next day:)  I am doing some research on some new menu ideas.  I feel like sometimes, I end up making a lot of the same things...and I really like variety.  I have been watching some You Tube videos on what people make for dinner.  There are some pretty creative mommy's out there in you tube land :)

My way of grocery shopping has slowly changed since I first started blogging.....I really like buying all fresh ingredients and making things from scratch or semi- scratch.  I stay away from boxed dinners and such.  My husband likes hamburger helper, but the ingredients make me nervous..LOL.  So I make my own version of hamburger helpers.  Also, as much as I can afford it, I buy organic.  Organic food seems to becoming more accessible and more affordable as the days go by.  I have not found a difference in the grocery stores from California and Georgia.  My one store here did not have Wheat Grass, which is a vital staple in my home...they order it now for me...but even though they did not sell it, the Whole Foods market did.  The variety of meats, cheeses, fruits and veggies are wonderful here.  The ONLY difference here are the PRICES!!!  Gotta love the prices here:)

I bought some organic, spinach pasta at Whole Foods and every body loved it~~YaY!!

Anyway, I am on the look out for new recipes, so if you have any suggestions please let me know:)

No comments: