Friday, June 04, 2010

Happy Friday!!


I love all days of the week, but I especially love Fridays! Fridays to me means everyone will be together for the next couple of days, and that makes me so happy. Fridays are also days that I try and finish up a lot of the housework, so I don't have to do too much on the weekends, but that doesn't always happen. Especially today, my to-do list is rather long. I have changed my big shopping day to Saturdays, because my husband comes with me. It is also nice, because he gets certain cuts of meat that he really likes, and it helps me plan my menu. I still going during the week, because there are just things you sometimes need and didn't anticipate running out of, kwim? I went to the market yesterday, because my husband was out of Coke, and we needed more milk, I buy two gallons at a time. We do go through a lot of milk, 2 gallons are usually about 5 dollars. The kids also like Kefir, especially the blueberry kind. I will buy that when it is on sale. Last week it was 3.00, yesterday it was over 5 dollars. I also needed yogurt. Little Kevin just Loves, Loves, Loves yogurt...oh and cottage cheese. I have to say my kids like just about everything. The only thing my oldest doesn't like is green beans. My daughter, I can not think of anything at this moment, hmmmm. Little Kevin, he likes and will try everything. I do have to be careful with him though because of his allergies.

I just absolutely love being a wife and mother. Nothing makes me happier then taking care of my family. Planning menus, doing laundry, making good food, loving them, playing with them, laughing and crying with them. They are my everything, and I thank God everyday for what he has given me.

Okay, now, I have lots I want to accomplish in the next couple of days. My car for one thing needs a good cleaning. I can't believe the junk that collects on the floor in the back..LOL. I have got a pretty good handle on my laundry too, YaY!!

The weather has been nice, summer dress time. I love wearing my dresses, I love being a girl...LOL. If you got this far through my ramble, have a wonderful Friday!!! XOXO

Oh, on the menu, something with ground beef, I am going to look around the net for a recipe:)
(I just like these old photos, I know sometimes they don't go with a post...LOL)

6 comments:

Mari said...

I like the old photos too and I think they go with the post. It's all pictures of women taking care of their families!
I enjoy Fridays too. I usually have them off and this is my weekend off as well. Good time to catch up!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Yeah!! You're finally back. I kept checking to see if you were posting - thought maybe you had quit blogging. As for watching Kate + 8 (or whatever it's called) in your previous post, I cannot bear any further exploitation of those precious kids by Kate. I won't watch. For goodness sakes, she's an RN!! Go to work, Kate!! There are many, many families with 8 children. And, guess what? The parents work and are not on TV. Oh my, enough about obnoxious Kate. You do a great job blogging.

Julieann said...

I totally forgot she was RN, that is right! She does have something to fall back on, but she wouldn't be able to keep her home, and I doubt she would give that up. I was just so hoping it didn't turn out the way it did. I wish they would have tried harder, major counseling and such. I mean they were in love once, I was hoping they could find that in eachother again, oh well, I guess I am just a hopeless romantic at times.....

Thanks for all the nice comments. They all made me smile.

As for blogging, I don't know what happened....the days turned into weeks and I said to myself, I miss blogging, I really need to make some time for it. I really like going back in time and reading what my kids were doing,or pictures I had posted, and reading all your fun comments to me. I really missed my blogging friends xox I no way meant for it to go so long!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Happy Weekend Julieann! That's great that your kids are not picky eaters. Mine are all picky in one way or another, but we manage!

On the side, I just finished watching the movie, I Remember Mama. Have you ever seen it? I love the way the mother was strong and took care of her family!

Ann said...

Welcome back. I have to admit I gave up on you and then today something told me - hey, try one more time to see if she's back.

I love the pictures. The one of the lady hanging up the clothes reminds me of when I was a kid and that was my job as soon as I was tall enough to reach the clothes line.

Julieann said...

Hi Ann, I am glad you tried one last time xox