Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday!

My--yesterday did not go as planned. My daughter woke up sick, so she stayed home--and then last night was even worse, she threw up a few times--she is now feeling a bit better but excausted from not much sleep. I just disinfected all 3 bathrooms--I think she hit each one. I am now washing all the bedding and wiping down all door knobs.

I have chicken broth going for her, that I pulled out of my freezer---see----->

Tony also had an appointment at the orthopedic Surgeon for his arm yesterday. That went well, he should be back to normal in about 6 weeks.

THEN!!!!! All the store were out of the corned beef...LOL...boy was my hubby happy...LOL. He doesn't care for it, but knows it is tradition, so last night we had just a beef roast not corned beef---my husband was very happy--I did make all the fixings, but I did not snap any pictures--I was running around trying to get everything done. I made 3 batches of green Jello---to give to my neighbors along with a loaf of Irish soda bread each--I did take a picture of the bread--it came out so yummy!

I am just hoping no one else gets sick, including myself. For the rest of the day, I will just be taking care of my children and disinfecting:) When time permits me to sit here--I will be visiting all my dear friends--Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Awww, poor thing! I pray your baby girl gets better, and that you all don't get it!

Charree said...

I hope Alexis gets to feeling better soon and that no one else manages to catch it.

Your bread looks so tasty.

Have a blessed day!
~Charree

Mimi said...

Hope your daughter feels better and that the rest of the family doesn't get it. The same bug has been going around in Tennessee, but, so far, it hasn't hit our household.

Dana said...

I made the irish soda bread yesterday, it was very good thanks for sharing the recipe. It was my first bread from scratch:) Mine was not as pretty as yours. I posted a picture on my blog. Hope Alexis is feeling better. My daughter just had strep throat then ear infections in both ears

Mari said...

We had beef roast yesterday too. I did make a dessert with mint ice cream in it to have a touch of green. I hope no one else gets sick!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

The soda bread looks great! Hope Alexis gets better soon -- and everyone else stays healthy!

Brittany said...

I'm so sorry Alexis is sick! I bet it's no fun to have a sick kid. Hope she starts to feel better soon.

On a better note, your Irish soda bread looks great! I'll have to try it someday! Thanks for sharing.