Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dish!~~~>Remember the other day when I said I was going to make a pot pie--and I was asked about the recipe---well, I did not have all the ingredients for the pot pie, so I improvised and made this instead--let me just say it was really good.

It was left over chicken cut up, then I made the white cream sauce---(Butter, flour and milk) ...and then, you all know my hubby loves cheese, I added cheese to the white sauce--and poured it over the chicken, and topped it off with homemade mashed potatoes--I know I have made many similar versions of this dish...LOL, what can I say, when in doubt, make something that works and tastes good too:)

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I am taking Tony to his followup to the Orthopedic surgeon in a few minutes, then I will be back home doing housework...especially socks---my husband needs some clean socks. I buy him all white socks, and when I wash them I don't match them up, they are all the same, I just place them all in a drawer---Tony prefers all black, so I do the same with his:)



9 comments:

Mari said...

Good idea - kinf od a Shepherds pie made with chicken!

Primrose Hill said...

oh...I forgot to tell you! I made your dinner rolls the other day and they were wonderful!!!! thanks for the great recipe. So easy to make with a little help from the bread machine! :-)

Savvy-Motherhood said...

looks awesome

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading about your dinner recipes!
I love how you enjoy being
wife housewife and mother!
You have such a zest for what you do and in shows
on your blog!!
Pamela in NE Ohio

Julieann said...

Pamela~~~You always say the nicest things, Thank you---You need to start a blog, I bet it would be awesome:) (I know it would)

All my commenters are awesome and I thank each and everyone of you for brightening up my day:))) xox

Kelli said...

It looks delicious and very heartwarming! Grace is a a huge fan of mashed potatoes, so I will have to make this for her. :0)
~Kelli

Mrs. U said...

This dish looks SO good!! And I am sure it was to die for with a yummy cheesy sauce AND mashed potatoes!!!

GREAT idea about the socks!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

Thank you Julieann you seem like such a sweet and
kind person.
Pamela In Ohio

Dana said...

I do the same thing with my sons socks, but my husband wants his matched and thats fine, he lives out of a bag when he is on the road so that makes it easier for him.