Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday!

Hello, is it just me, or did this week go by really fast?
Isn't this a cute kitchen?
I just love country decor:)


I made juice this morning with my juicer, and we added a lemon to it, it gave it a bit of a tang. It was good though. It makes me happy that my kids are drinking something that is really good for them with now added anything in it. Just fresh juice!

I made chicken last night for dinner, and I purposely made extra, so I could make another dinner with it. So I am thinking of all the casseroles I could make with it, hmmmmm....as long as I add cheese to it, my husband will love it:) It was a max pack of chicken breasts for only four dollars, can't beat that price!

I am going to make Ranch dressing too. There is nothing like homemade ranch dressing. I have also done a little research on Zucchini, and I think that is the veggie, I am going to plant. It really seems like a no fail veggie. With me planting it though, we shall see...LOL. I will keep you updated. I do want to try tomatoes again, but that dreaded horn worm, always wins!

It is a cold day today, and rain is supposed to come tomorrow. I do love the rain, especially on the weekends when we are all a safe and sound in the home.

I have talked about Little Kevin's birthday, and how we want to do a Star Wars theme. Tony's Birthday is coming up too, and he is turning 19. Now that is something that is difficult to plan. Take him out to a nice dinner? Gifts verses money? HMMM! I can't believe my baby is turning 19!!!!

I am going to have another cup of coffee, and check on my laundry. I have a load in the dryer, and I have three loads to go...not bad, for me.

I cleaned my bathroom yesterday, so today I have the kids bathroom to do. The kids bathroom seems to get the messiest.

Have a happy Thurday!
Time to put the apron on:)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Julieann, here is a good zucchini recipe that I got from cooks.com a couple years ago.

Oven Fried Zucchini Strips

2 medium zucchini

1/4 c. Italian style bread crumbs

2 Tblsp. Parmesan cheese

2 Tblsp. Romano cheese

1/4 cup plus 1 Tblsp. Italian dressing (the kind with oil, not the creamy kind)

Wash zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 8 strips. Combine bread crumbs and cheese. Dip zucchini in Italian dressing and roll in bread crumbs. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 475 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn zucchini and bake an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Robin : )

Blessed Homemaking said...

I would love to have a garden, but so difficult here with all the sand we have. Maybe one day I'll have enough money to get some good soil to plant in!

Mrs Swan said...

I just heart you!