Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday!

I have to bring a corn dish to school tomorrow. So after I asked on my facebook for ideas, I decided on the Corn and Black Bean Salsa:) All the ideas I got were fantastic, and I will try them all for my family. Alexis liked this one for her class. So this is what I will bring:)


BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA

1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 11 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
1 t minced fresh jalapeno pepper
1 avocado, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro (or subst. 1 t dried cilantro)
1/4 c. diced red onion
1/4 c. fresh lime juice (about 2 limes, squeezed)
1 t. salt
tortilla chips for dipping

Combine all ingredients except avocado and chips. Cover and chill for at least two hours. Add avocado just before serving. Serve with chips.

I have to go to the market and pick up some of the ingredients today, and I also need a few other things too:)

It is chillier today then yesterday, and it is supposed to rain this weekend, YaY! I just love rainy days. Just in time for the Holidays too. I love being home all cozy on rainy days, especially when my kids are home with me.

We are going to have turkey for ThanksGiving, and Albertson's is having a sale, buy one get one free, so I will have one for ThanksGiving and one for Christmas!

Last night with the steak, I made asparagus with hollandaise sauce, rice, rolls and a salad.

Tonight it is either going to be chicken or what I may find at the store, we shall see.

I spent part of the day yesterday cleaning and cutting all my fresh veggies, so they will be ready when needed. I did string beans, broccoli, and I cut up brussell sprouts, they are all cleaned, cut and ready to be cooked.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, the weekend is almost here!!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hello Julieann! It's so good to see you blogging again. :o)

How wonderful that school is out a whole week for Thanksgiving! Sounds like lots of time for fun with your little lady.

We are having just our family at home for Thanksgiving. And we're breaking tradition this year ... no turkey! The kids all voted for ham. I can't believe it! lol

Best wishes to Alexis on her violin lessons.