Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday~~YaY!


It is Friday and all is well. Kevin made it home safely yesterday from up north. I had a pasta bake all ready for him for when he got home, with homemade rolls and a salad. He likes pasta bake
much better then regular spaghetti.



(Photo courtesy of Taste of Home)

Okay, today, I am going to go through my spice cabinet, and boy does it need it. I bet I find all sorts of things I didn't know I had. I will also make a list of what I need. A lot of cooking will be going on in this home with all the Holidays coming. Cooking and Baking, and decorating. I just love this time of year.



(Not my spice cabinet..LOL)
I wanted to take a picture of mine but my camera was not charged, so I am charging it now.

There is a radio station here in Cali, and starting on Thanksgiving, they play Christmas music 24/7 until Christmas. I can not wait. I have the radio in my kitchen, since that is the room I am in the most. I have season four of Little House on the Prairie on the TV, for background motivation:) It is early here, and my kids just finished breakfast and are now playing games. Little Kevin is old enough now, that he and his sister can actually play games that they both like and understand.

Have a wonderful Friday.

Tonight's menu will consist of split chicken breasts. Does any one have a a recipe for them, I would like to try something new, tried and true:)

2 comments:

Christine said...

I do have a good one that I just made the other evening and it turned out really yummy!

in a bowl mix together:

1/3 c brown sugar
1/2 c water
2 garlic gloves minced
1 T catsup
1/4 cup apple juice
1 green onion sliced1/2 t crushed red pepper

Pour this over your chicken and bake @350 for 50 minutes or until chicken is done. I checked the chicken every now and then and based it with the sauce so that the chicken was moist and baking in the sauce until done. It was delicious with rice and a green vegie. I hope you get a chance to make it, we really enjoyed it! Happy week end.

Julieann said...

Christine, this recipe sounds really good. I am going to try this. I had already had my chicken cooking as you posted this recipe, but I will definately try it when I make chicken again:) Thank you!

Julieann