Friday, May 08, 2009

Happy Friday!


My washer has been going non-stop since Tuesday. I have to stop now and then and do regular wash instead of keep re-washing everything. My husband was running out of socks. I am just so thankful I have a washer and dryer to do all this. I don't know what I would have done if I had to go to the laundry mat~~~I guess I would have to bring a cot and just live there....LOL.

Alexis now has a cold, her poor nose is so stuffy. For breakfast Little Kevin had cinnamon toast and Alexis had a hard boiled egg and some toast. I started the wash at 6:15 this morning, so now after this post I will check that. I need to vacuum everything down again and go through her hair with a comb (Everyday)



Tomorrow I am going to dedicate part of the day to baking~~~~I have not been able to do really any sort of baking all week. So in between laundry I am going to do some baking. Wash and Clean on Friday and Bake on Saturday! It has been quite lovely outside, the kids have enjoyed running in the fresh warm air~~~Little Kevin is so fun to watch as he explores everything. He was waiving and saying hi to a bug...LOL.

Tony has guitar lessons today, he has been going for awhile. He was taking guitar in School, but it was not challenging. He can hear a song and then play it, it is really quite amazing!

Last night for dinner we had Nachos for dinner. Tonight, will be chicken. I have some nice chicken thighs defrosting.

When ever I make dinner, I try and make things that compliment each other. I am sure you all do the same. An example would be: If I make Spaghetti, I will make spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread and a salad. If I make a steak, it would be steak, baked potato a steamed veggie and a salad. If I make pork chops, a starch ( mac and cheese, steamed rice, potatoes, etc) a steamed veggie and a salad. I like to make a meat/poultry/fish with a starch, cooked veggie and a salad. If I make nachos, it's just nachos, all the lettuce and tomatoes are all on the nachos, so we skip the salad. Also, I would not serve a dinner roll with Nachos, but I would serve a dinner roll with the steak dinner:)

Have an awesome Friday!

4 comments:

Charree said...

I hope that you get everything you need to done today so that you can bake tomorrow. I haven't baked in I don't know how long and I really miss it.

Have a blessed weekend!
~Charree

TJ said...

Maybe I should just come down to see you and do laundry :) Our washer needs a part on the agitator replaced, so it works on my clothes, but hubby's and the kids clothes are far dirtier and don't come clean. Our dryer is completely broken. I need to order parts, but need the money to do it first, so if it's nice out I hang it out, or I go to my mom and dads.

Now you know where I'm spending my Saturday. Have a great weekend!

Brittany said...

Hi Julieann! I'm sorry Alexis is sick. :( It's been nice and warm today here as well! I just love the sun!! Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you! I bet it'll be nice to have some time to bake tomorrow! I might just bake something as well!

Hugs,
Brittany

Dana said...

Happy Mothers Day Julieann !!!